The Carrom Dough

The Carrom Dough

A Story by Abishai100
"

Can a table-version of billiards prompt two 'tourists' to a foreign Carrom-tourney 'ghost-magic' for a hospitality-reading...in discourse?

"
A love-letter to the execution-game of Carrom (finger-shooting version of billiards/pool). 
----

====

Amlan and Raki decided to zoom to Asia for a special subcontinent tourney of Carrom, a special tabletop-rendition of billiards in which players use finger-strikes for aim to slide circular pieces (usually made of wood) into table-board pockets on 4 corners of the square area, to see which player/team can sink all of his/her/its colored side piece (white or black) before the other, all the while going for the ultimate piece, the red-queen piece (comparable to the 8-ball in billiards/pool). Amlan hailed from India and Raki from Holland, and they'd been friends from Dartmouth and sought a cool Carrom-gamesmanship storyboard about incomplete sportsmanship intrigue for Selfie-culture commentary about comforts...and contests (ha).



AMLAN: I plan to win this tourney and meet a gorgeous tourney-sponsored ad-model, pal!
RAKI: Sounds good, but for tourists and social-media photo-synthesis, you must find chess.
AMLAN: Carrom ain't chess...though it's as arguably perfunctory and 'slick' for mentalism!
RAKI: Thanx for teaching me to play, man; we'll make a good-team (Asia).
AMLAN: You said it; Facebook like.



When the two 'worldly' gents landed in the Asian subcontinent of the tourney-destination, they were driven to their special guest-house where the tourney sponsored special foreign competitors, to see who'd travel from afar to challenge the favorite-champion, Abhishek (for real estate ads!).



ABHISHEK: I can't lose; my signature rebound shot (like in pool) is fast/statistical.
INTERVIEW: There's a plethora of visitors from Earth seeking to destabilize the Crown.
ABHISHEK: We shall see if they match the tandem I've organized, with my femme-partner.
INTERVIEW: Fascinating; few champs (Carrom), men, choose female partners for team!
ABHISHEK: I don't doubt any margin of excellence...bring on the stranger characters.
INTERVIEW: Facebook like!



AMLAN: Look at that incredible gorgeous tourney-sponsored ad model, Raki.
RAKI: Well, seek the court post-deed and a trophy to boast in this foreign place, Amlan.
AMLAN: Don't look so nervous, man...Abhishek's femme-partner will be matched by you.
RAKI: She's a small-shot executioner, Amlan.
AMLAN: Hey, didn't I train you to think of that wood-board as lines-for-decisions?
RAKI: Surely (ok).



They won. Amlan and Raki shocked the tourney-sponsors, fans, cheerleaders, and writers with a swift close-victory in nearly every round of the Asian-tourney to reach the Championship, where Raki managed to match Abhishek's femme-partner (Asha) for her small-shot precision with tediously calm line-shots for either pocket-shots or board-piece placement diagonal (wow). Finally, with the last 2 turns in the hands of Abhishek/Amlan, the champion of fave-media did his tried-true rebound shot twice but missed the 2nd one, while Amlan used a special 'angle-depth' he'd been working on in the States to put-away the last 3 (white) pieces for his side/team and claimed the unbelievably 'distant' trophy (for social media and photo-graphics).



RAKI: What was the achievement, pal?
AMLAN: Ad-model court for post-deed storytellers (and for me).
RAKI: The humility of definition wrought from sportsmanship, eh?
AMLAN: Only on Earth (Facebook like).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2024 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on February 27, 2024
Last Updated on February 27, 2024
Tags: Games

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing