The Doorbell Charge

The Doorbell Charge

A Story by Abishai100
"

Two Homeland-Jersey sports-writers must defend their IQ when a masked stranger from Hell requires an incomplete-distances reading for outright patriot-dogma (for the Ego).

"
A sports-culture fable (neo-noir). 
DISCLAIMER: This work of fiction contains images/references (e.g., NFL) with no commercial/explicit ties to any representative person(s)/body and is therefore cast as purely a 'personal' expression for creative arts (for 'open' folklore). 

----

====

AMLAN: We're lucky to be writing about Thanksgiving-TV football culture now.
RAKI: Pals from Dartmouth, shared suburbia (Echelon) studio-house (Jersey!).
AMLAN: This Detroit-city QB-rookie treasure (signed) is all class, Raki (wow).
RAKI: Let's write a story about how possession of it incurs great hypnosis.
AMLAN: Right, like you get life-breaks, girlfriends, and happy moods (ha).
RAKI: We'll call the story Social Media Charge: Thanksgiving American.
AMLAN: Cool (Facebook-like).



Amlan and Raki were about to get a great doorbell-charge for their residence-studio work with sports-superstitions, in the form of a masked stranger with a dark-side message about requirements for incomplete-distances readings in patriotism and social folklore (hmmm). Their suburbia (Echelon-Jersey) town-house otherwise was simply a prototypical 'normal' American Homeland abode, with nothing pronouncedly 'marked' for citizenry-duties (hmmm).



STRANGER: You wrote about that Lions-Thanksgiving rookie-card (signed) IQ.
AMLAN/RAKI: Why're you in a mask...it's October, but not Halloween (yet)?
STRANGER: I need you to write a sequel, to your story (asap).
AMLAN/RAKI: The Social Media Charge: Thanksgiving American post (online)?
STRANGER: You said it; I require you do so, for incomplete-lines to patriots.
AMLAN/RAKI: Football demands at the Echelon-doorbell for Halloween?
STRANGER: Pre-Thanksgiving, nerds.
AMLAN/RAKI: What if we refuse?
STRANGER: Well, I'll huff/puff and burn your house down (arson-insurance).
AMLAN/RAKI: Are you honestly serious, masked-man?
STRANGER: I don't joke about NFL cards, nerds (ha).
AMLAN/RAKI: Goodness us (I guess we've no choice now?).
STRANGER: You said it...I'll return Halloween Eve or the night-before it!
AMLAN/RAKI: Facebook-like (thanx).



Friends, the Stranger didn't return, for a Halloween Eve 'examination' after Amlan/Raki did as they were instructed and wrote that darn-sequel (online), taking-care to highlight their special Detroit-city Thanksgiving-TV football culture rookie-QB (signed!) card-treasure in the second-feature as something that didn't bring good-luck but actually bad-luck, after the (signed!) card was transferred in ownership (between sports-fanfare rival neighbors!). Apparently, the Stranger must've loved the sequel, enough to 'pass-over' their Homeland-Jersey abode for pity/Halloween (wow).



AMLAN: How long do you want to hide here at this Wingate-hostel, pal?
RAKI: Just about 3 months, until New Year's passes at least.
AMLAN: You think that whole Stranger-football 'nonsense' will pass-over then?
RAKI: Sure, Amlan; don't worry...this hotel's keeping us anonymous/hidden!
AMLAN: I don't want to go back home now, anyways (honestly!).
RAKI: Me neither...who the Hell takes football cards so damn seriously, man?
AMLAN: No one...Wingate's heaven for now (Facebook-like).



Friends, in this 21st-Century Earth (American Homeland) of those 'incomplete-distances' readings for the sports/media culture and lifestyle 'drawn' confidence for securities in superstitions and transit/hospitality for general globalism-rhetoric, net-activity and comments, and traffic sanity for antiterrorism language-arts, Amlan/Raki had become special 'diplomacy' citizens post-endurance of their wondrous Doorbell-Charge tribulation of hellmouth(s) proportion! Raki suggested they write a patriot-memoir of 9/11 to simply forget about the Stranger, and their successful escape from danger. However, they'd not forget this new age 'paranoia' that took them to the brink of social/human/democratic black-smoke (wow).



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2024 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

43 Views
Added on March 30, 2024
Last Updated on March 30, 2024
Tags: Fable, Modern

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing