Edgar & Drucila

Edgar & Drucila

A Story by Abishai100
"

A war-riddled dominion-traveler seeks 'discovery' in negotiated emotions with a lovely-lady and may not have the 'time-space' to write his own (Selfie) dungeon.

"
A 'classic' Romance of incomplete-distances readings for acquired possessions/dodecahedrons, adapted from the excellent themes/concepts from Somewhere in Time (Christopher Reeve). 
----

====

EDGAR: Still don't believe I'm a Catholic man from a future-world, Drucila.
DRUCILA: A time-traveling watch-man with claims of bound-Romanticism.
EDGAR: I tell you in-truth this is legitimate consciousness of the self.
DRUCILA: Yet you claim you're a war-scarred writer with depression.
EDGAR: I'm torn, for I thought to find someone for studies and not love!
DRUCILA: This reads like some possession/persuasion tale for Earthling.
EDGAR: I can't help but feel this is my future-world fear of self-containment.
DRUCILA: When you find the time/space to awaken, you'll find me (again).
EDGAR: No, I maybe am wrong and feeling you're the one for this Selfie.



EDGAR: You're the aristocrat-lady of this more archaic Earth, lovely Drucila.
DRUCILA: You're claim-messenger of some future-world war-soldier of oil.
EDGAR: I didn't think to find a time-device in Egypt or you for self-studies.
DRUCILA: Why me, Edgar...and why must I endure a patience-test for you?
EDGAR: I think I'm torn and want you to think I'm torn, between war-and-time.
DRUCILA: I find you strangely-dressed, but smart; wits but self-worries, truth.
EDGAR: I won't let this become a Selfie-curse, for me or for a memory of you.
DRUCILA: 'Facebook' like, Edgar?



DRUCILA: Perchance I share your Catholic-faith and 'time-less' angst, Edgar!
EDGAR: You like my diner-table bread (Indian) recipe only.
DRUCILA: I reciprocate what I find for language-arts expressions in charm.
EDGAR: I'm still negotiating the distances of self-hesitancy; war-scars, Drucila.
DRUCILA: I can heal those.
EDGAR: Not in time, I say to myself, and I risk losing this 'chance' haunting.
DRUCILA: Keep me, or what you may keep of me (for yourself); let you heal.
EDGAR: You're already healing me, like the dowry of this (Indian) bread.
DRUCILA: Maybe I can wait...for you.
EDGAR: I hope you don't have to do just that...for bread (maybe).



PSYCHIATRIST: Back from war and hell and back to teaching (Dartmouth).
EDGAR: I was on a time-journey, and I met Drucila (a vision).
PSYCHIATRIST: This 'claim' you zoomed through an Egypt-portal to Drucila?
EDGAR: I told her I was scarred from war and simply negotiated charm.
PSYCHIATRIST: You insist you were seeking to find arms-restorations with her!
EDGAR: I know she didn't think I lost her to time and toys, doc.
PSYCHIATRIST: You equally claim she 'thinks' you'll return (somehow).
EDGAR: Somewhere in time; and away from my world-of-toys, doc.
PSYCHIATRIST: Facebook-like (good).
EDGAR: Thanx, doc.



"Doing well is the result of doing good. That's what capitalism is all about" (Ralph Waldo Emerson). 

====
"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

© 2024 Abishai100


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

75 Views
Added on May 1, 2024
Last Updated on May 1, 2024
Tags: Romance

Author

Abishai100
Abishai100

NJ



About
Student/Minister; Hobbies: Comic Books, Culinary Arts, Music; Religion: Catholic; Education: Dartmouth College more..

Writing