Unforgettable moments

Unforgettable moments

A Story by Terrance
"

Story of a boy who trying to understand what's in his heart.

"

Boundaries


The boy awoke from his slumber, he slowly rises to stand, unaware of his surroundings he looks around seeing vast majority of trees with no leaves , bent and curved on the brown dirt path he was on. Both sides of the path was covered white roses that covered the forest floor. The sky was bright but clouded giving a sight he beholded.

the boy was astonished at what he was seeing as if it were a dream that he was needing.  He looks ahead and saw something that looks like a hill, he took a few steps forward and started to walk towards it as if something were telling him too. As he got closer towards the destination he felt a knot of anticipation as he witness a reality of revelation. As he made it out the path it stopped at field of blue roses in the center was a giant tree, he took a step forward into the field as the wind gave a gentle breeze. He got closer to the tree he saw someone, a black kid with glasses and fuzzy hair, standing there gazing into the space above. he walks over towards him going up the steep hill, the other boy turned his hand noticing who was coming up towards him, he turns himself around and awaited.


boy: I thought i was the only one here.. who are you?

the boy asked as he looked straight at the figure that was standing in front of him looking back.


???: oh..! well, let me introduce myself my name is te….err is john yea.. call me john.


boy: Okay “John” since you were here before me can you explain where am I?? Better yet where WE are?.


John: that is a question I can’t answer for you...


boy: w-why..


as he looked rather annoyed with john, feeling unsatisfied with the response, causing him to have a worrisome confused look on his face.


John: Let me ask you something, do you like to dream?


the boy looked at john with a weird out expression.


boy: Uh.. yeah I guess.


john: Do you believe in different realities?


boy: Where are you getting at?...


John sat down with his legs crossed, he leaned himself back against the firm wood of the tree.


John: Come have a seat.


the boy walked over towards him as he sat down next to him with his legs bent up with his chin near his knees.


John: You see the world is a dream created by the realities of other people thoughts.


boy: how so?...


john: Well… Things are created within the minds of people, we think upon them and we sometimes desire them to be real. have you ever had something you wanted to be real?


the boy looked down and thought to himself as he saw a image of a tall blond girl with blue eyes wearing a straw hat and a sundress as she reached her hand out for him.


boy: Yes...  yes I do.. I keep dreaming about someone I care for.. someone I probably won’t see...


john: let me tell you something, dreams are what I call “fragments of reality” meaning pieces or a piece of a person's life that hasn’t yet been created or established.


the boy turned his head and looked at him with a sense of curiosity.


john: you see everything that you see in the world is an established foundation of a dream a person hoped of, may it been bad or good. Throughout history people changed the world for what it is now, and what it can be for tomorrow. What you believe and thrive for is a concept created by ambition excogitation of the mind.


boy: so… dreams are reality and reality is a dream… but.. sometimes it can be a nightmare.


john: Nightmares tend to be the dark shadow of the inner world, things we’ve done and things that reflect on the life you have lived up to this point, the mistakes and the pain that you have endured. Nightmares are a clear reminder that we all walk in a thin path and always have observe the life around us and what we do for it.


boy: I kinda understand where you're getting at..


the boy looks around once more as his eyes gaze at mountains far ahead and different landscapes.


boy: this must be a borderline between reality and dreams.


john: your desires brought you here, so what are you gonna do?


The boy thought to himself and thought about what john said thinking back to his memories and the things he always wanted but most importantly someone he always wanted.


boy: i’m going to create a dream.


john smiles as he looks at him with a sense of sympathy.


John: Remember this, always think on what’s important, your dreams and idea’s are what creates the existing matter of your life, take in and witness the testimony of other people’s dreams and thoughts and watch them come into reality before your eyes.


as the boy looks into the distance and smiles.


boy: thank you..


John: Oh and one more thing..


boy: what?


john: “the world was once a dream.”


everything went black.. the boy slowly opens his eyes as he felt a familiar comfort. He realized he was on his bed, he looked over and saw his clock.. it was 7:30am.


boy: what was that?... it..it felt so real.. john..

suddenly he heard his phone vibrate on this desk near his window, he got up with a sluggish pace and he grab it, as he looked at it, his eyes widen as he saw the name of the person who sent the text.

Boy: a-adelaine…


he quickly read the text as he cracked a small smile on his face.


boy: the world was once a dream… huh.

© 2016 Terrance


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
Added on May 14, 2016
Last Updated on December 24, 2016
Tags: Love, Dreams, Reality

Author

Terrance
Terrance

Philadelphia , PA



About
I'm Terrance I'm American Haitian and I love to express myself through writing. more..

Writing
Purpose Purpose

A Poem by Terrance


Blurred Blurred

A Poem by Terrance