Interview with a homeless

Interview with a homeless

A Story by SquinklaPsyOps
"

Interview with a homeless

"
(notes)
In your mind, you would help that person on the street
In your mind, you would want to take that person to heaven with you

In reality, youre afraid his curse might infect you and you will keep on driving and will look the other way, guaranteed.


What is wrong, I asked

there is nothing wrong, He answered

(Then he said)

Is it normal to feel like I am the most important person in the world and at the same time I have nothing but my spirit

and I still think I am going to be a millionare
and I still think I am going to heaven

All I need is some idiot b******s to try to stop me and I will push them to hell.

-

Interview with a homeless for my journalism class

© 2013 SquinklaPsyOps


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well this was definitely thought provoking and I think I am disenchanted generally with people and their selfish ways. I enjoy that unconditional love from animals.
I don't see many homeless people where I live and I guess I am lucky that way. But those I have come across all seem to have the latest mobile phones. Hmmmm makes me wonder.


Posted 10 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

10 Years Ago

Yes, you are right, it does make you wonder, maybe they could be undercovers posing as homeless and .. read more
wordwarrior

10 Years Ago

Maybe! It's just when I see things like that, that don't seem to match up, I do wonder....I think so.. read more
Thought provoking and, once I read it a few times, I really felt what you were saying

Posted 10 Years Ago


I think this is a very inspiring little story.. Poverty is a state of mine and hopelessness is a choice we all can make. I hope all homeless people feel this way about life and strive for their dreams even though they have nothing but their spirit.. thank you for sharing

Posted 10 Years Ago


this is alright.. didn't spark my interest to be honest. But What I did like is just how real it is

Posted 10 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

10 Years Ago

"In reality, youre afraid his curse might infect you and you will keep on driving and will look the .. read more
Derek Smith

10 Years Ago

oh.. lol..
interacting with the homeless is my fav part of going to the city


Posted 10 Years Ago


There is a lot of controversy when it comes to the homeless. Some of them are that why because of some misfortune and some of them are that way because it's an easier way to live through life and they basically count on others to carry them. For instance, I met this drunk in the behavioral health facility that had lost it all because of his drinking. He was getting treated and detoxified, but when he went out he wanted to go to a shelter where he can continue his rehabilitation for six more months. If you ask me, that is a little bit more time you need to get back on the right track. I think he needed somewhere to stay, and this country helps the homeless by providing shelter, and that why it's a great country, but then again I didn't judge him because at that time I didn't have a job myself, so when dealing with the homeless you don't want to get too compassionate nor too harsh.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Interesting, I like how your interview taught that homelessness does always mean that the person is poor in spirit. Isn't home where the heart is?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Having volunteered in a homeless shelter, I know that there are many stories, and many different reasons why people are homeless. Many are willing to do whatever it takes to climb back up on their feet. It is a joy to help someone who is trying to help themselves. I have even opened my own home to a few people in need.
Then there are those who blame everybody and everything but themselves. It's hard to help someone with that attitude. To them, you are just another obstacle. I've actually had such people accuse me and the shelter of being "enablers". Go figure, huh?
Then there are a few with absolutely no intention of doing anything about their situation. Why should they, they figure, when they can get themselves a free ride? The working public will pay their way through life, while they take a permanent vacation. So it costs them a bit of pride...small price to pay!
To illustrate, the shelter had a rule that everyone who stayed there had to do one chore to help keep the place clean and livable. Believe it or not, there were people who would rather sleep in the street than sweep a floor or wash a dish! Now, how can you help someone like that?

Posted 10 Years Ago


Put clear indications on who is speaking:
Me: What's wrong? (I say 'What's', because 'What is' is WAY to formal and not how someone would generally speak)
Him: Nothing's wrong.
Yeah?
Punctuation also, capital letters, full stops, etc. basic things.
First couple of lines, only need the first one, heaven is pointless to bring up right now. He should bring up heaven, shows he believes and that you haven't pressed it upon him.
Understand what you're trying to do here. I do think that I don't fall into this bracket of the leavers of homeless people. I've spoken to so many about so many different things. They're interesting people with interesting stories to tell. EVERYONE should talk to at least one homeless person in their lifetime. EVERYONE. Puts things in perspective and it's an experience to draw on later.

Posted 10 Years Ago


S...somehow this piece reminded of something Neil Young is reported to have said...'This song [referring to Heart of Gold] put me in the middle of the road. Traveling there soon became a bore so I headed for the ditch. A rougher ride but I saw more interesting people there.'

I guess, the person interviewed was very interesting to me. I, too, get drawn to people like that and want to hear their stories in their own words. Though I can't ever claim I understand them, I think just listening is important.

Thanx for posting this...bobc

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

905 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on October 2, 2013
Last Updated on October 2, 2013

Author

SquinklaPsyOps
SquinklaPsyOps

USConstitution



About
Writer Of The TwentyFirstCentury, confiscated the PsyOps script from the corrupt military radio host that was remotely assaulting me inside the city, which I plan to publish parts of it here, to study.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~Blaze~ ~Blaze~

A Poem by Robbie~xoxo~