Ash Wednesday

Ash Wednesday

A Poem by SquinklaPsyOps
"

Original Religious Poetry

"


Dear Father God

Rub your ashes on my forehead in a sign of a cross

To remind me of your Son Jesus Christ

As I repent of all the sins I have commited

I continue this period of spiritual discipline


Clean my thoughts and make me an Arch Angel

Where I promise to always push to hell all demons and lost ghosts

In the Name Of Your Son Jesus Christ and The Holy Spirit

I kneel in front of You and Your Son

Amen

© 2015 SquinklaPsyOps


Author's Note

SquinklaPsyOps
Artist Of The Kneeling Angel Drawing: Gianlorenzo Bernini (1598 - 1680)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A religious poem very unique I must say. It is very well wrote you manage to capture what humanity should pray for . I admire you for most writers might not post a religious piece as this which tells me you are brave . This poem is a lot in a few words as a message to the rest of us perhaps do the same and for someone so young ready to take this vow you write of is a true testament not only to your writing but you as a person I hope you get what you ask for dear one and keep writing dear for people need to see this type of writing in this day and age.

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This comment has been deleted by the website administrators.



Reviews

I Pencil artist since eleven years old. And this draw is awesome good. I love the poem and the faith. Faith on God is the most valuable on life, so on Jesus our holly Savior.
Thanks for this beauty share.



Posted 9 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your valuable interpretation and experience will revisit your homepage to review your .. read more
You can really tell that this is a poem very close to your heart. The lack of punctuation actually works in your favor. It seems (to me) like abiding by strict rules of punctuation is not a priority, because it's such an intimate moment with God. I think some people would gripe about the lack of imagery, but again, I think that works in your favor. When you're talking to God in this poem, you seem so humble because you avoid using overly-flowery language. The only suggestion I would have is to be careful about using the same word too close together, like "always push to hell all demons" and "in the name of Your Son, I kneel before You and Your Son". Other than that, a very lovely poem that reflects a very personal prayer. Good job and God bless!

Posted 9 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

9 Years Ago

Thank You Elisa for your valuable interpretation and rules about sentence structure will definitely .. read more
Lovely, an excellent new prayer, worthy of a place in any church practice but even better as a personal plea to God :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

9 Years Ago

Thank you Richard Allen Beevor for your valuable interpretation and recommendation I feel honored.
R Smith

9 Years Ago

it was my pleasure to read your excellent work, thank you :)
Personal and deep... keep writing ( I love to use pictures, photographs and art to inspire my writing. Thank you.

Posted 9 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

9 Years Ago

Thank You for your valuable interpretation and insight.
Nice! it's so good to hear you voice your thoughts like this concerning The Lord. Really Inspiring!

Posted 9 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your valuable compliment will revisit your homepage to review your writings.
Its really good. Sorry if you were wanting a constructive review. I wouldn't change it at all. I like how it is now.

Posted 9 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your valuable interpretation and nice compliment.
This is beautiful - a personal prayer.

Posted 9 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

9 Years Ago

Thank you for your valuable interpretation and compliment will revisit your homepage to review your .. read more
I love this, it really reminded me of wendsday when they put the ash cross on my forehead.
"To remind me of your Son Jesus Christ"
This is such a lovely poem, going to my favorites.
God bless your day! this is really good

Posted 9 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

9 Years Ago

Thank You for your valuable interpretation Lizardo and am happy that you liked the prayer.
Lizardo

9 Years Ago

You're welcome
Purity of heart is displayed at its best in this piece. I am an atheist and thus this poem didn't affect me that much as it would affect a spiritual person. Still its a nice write. Well done.

Posted 9 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

9 Years Ago

Thank You for your valuable review and description.
Penny

9 Years Ago

Pleasure is totally mine :-)
So So sweet....I am catholic and used to be a alter boy back in the day...it saddens me to see our world crumble...may god save us.

Posted 9 Years Ago


SquinklaPsyOps

9 Years Ago

Thank You larryb for your valuable interpretation and insight. The world is a holy creation and with.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2178 Views
74 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 18, 2015
Last Updated on February 19, 2015
Tags: Original Religious Poetry

Author

SquinklaPsyOps
SquinklaPsyOps

USConstitution



About
Writer Of The TwentyFirstCentury, confiscated the PsyOps script from the corrupt military radio host that was remotely assaulting me inside the city, which I plan to publish parts of it here, to study.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


GRAVITY... GRAVITY...

A Poem by Jamestown


breakdown breakdown

A Poem by ANTO