Orphans on the Street - 1

Orphans on the Street - 1

A Chapter by Acoustic-Heart
"

Pardon if I left some stuff out, I'll get to things when I get to things!

"

In the city of Bowerstone its people walked along cobblestone streets that pounded out a rhythm that defied the harshness of the cold region that surrounded it. It wasn't a great life for most, but yet it wasn't bad either.  Most of the inhabitants of that timeless city had lived in those walls for countless generations and were less adjusted to the rougher, smaller parts of Albion. When life gave you a store, tavern and black smith all in one conveniently located area one never gave a thought of what lay outside the stone walls that guarded the city. Outside them seemed to lay utter chaos. Bandits and vicious beings that threatned the lives of those willing to venture out of city life. Bowerstonians turned away at such ridiculous ideas.

 

In the oldest part of Bowerstone two children huddled over a single fire, desperate for warmth in the dead of winter. Both children are alone; the past few years they had lost their parents along with their home. Rose is the older sister. She remembers the small farm life in a country setting. She is doing what she can to provide for a younger sibling. Next to her is Sparrow. The spirit of the two, he defends his sister with a wooden sword and youthful mind.

 

      Living in the roughest part of Bowerstone had been an lesson that taught the two to always be ready. Rose kew that keeping an eye on Sparrow meant everything. People whispered tales from outside the walls of evil spirits that took children and turned them into the ugly, unnatural hobbes that attacked the souls of who dared to go outside. Yet inside the gates, Rose knew the greatest danger was the people that surrounded them. She watched Sparrow who was frowning at the pitiful flame, dark eyes reflecting the glowing embers. The small boy looked up to his sister and quickly placed on his face a forced smile. Rose sighed and looked up. Castle Fairfax was dusted with a layer of snow making it beautiful as a dream. She turned to her brother.

 

      "Look, little Sparrow, Castle Fairfax looks so nice in the snow. Imagine the grand dining hall. I bet Lord Lucien's having roast duck this time of year." Sparrow's smile melted away at the thought of food. Rose went on.

  "He must be pretty lonely now that his wife and little girl died. All alone in that great big castle. I wish we could live there."

   "I feel bad for him, but with just Lucien in there he could share some food with the rest of us..." Sparrow breathed coldly. Just then, The sound of shouting and cheers broke over the silence of Sparrow's cold remark.
  "what is going on over there?" Rose said quietly. She turned to her brother with a smile.

  "Follow me little Sparrow!" He did as she said and began to trot after her to the center of the comotion.

 

     My name is Theresa, and I will be telling you the story of one of Albions greatest heroes.



© 2012 Acoustic-Heart


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

115 Views
Added on August 1, 2012
Last Updated on August 1, 2012


Author

Acoustic-Heart
Acoustic-Heart

Colorado, CO



About
The key to my heart is music. I draw way to much, and drink Peace Tea. I'm overly cheesey when it comes to love. Name: Cole (Nicole but PLEASE call me Cole) Age: 14 Orientation?: I like men, b.. more..

Writing