Perception Loop

Perception Loop

A Story by Not Here
"

How do you all perceive it?

"
That night I had a dream. As I walk through the auditorium ready to recite my declaration of insanity, I am greeted by all my supporters. They all wish me good luck as I walk to the stage. I make my way to the podium, approach the microphone, take a deep breath, open my mouth and say, "I am normal and uniform".
"Amber!" I hear my mom calling from outside my room. "Wake up! You're going to be late!" I turn to my right and look at the alarm clock and read 7:53. Oh my gosh! My alarm didn't go off! I'm going to be late for school! I think to myself, "Only if time didn't exist, but we have to perceive the day and night cycle".  I get dressed for school as quickly as possible, skipped breakfast, rushed to school, and went straight to my class.
Today, I am giving a speech about the about the difference between light and dark. My professor is sometimes hard to convince, but then again who is not? I watch as my fellow classmates give their speeches and watch my professor. He is being stubborn today. It's my turn.
I walk to the front of the room, look at everyone, and recite my speech. "Light, Darkness. Right, Left. Most people notice the presence or absence of light. Others notice the presence or absence of darkness. A finite number of people notice the loop that divide the two, for there is open-mindedness among these."
"Perception. Perception is a vastly unique figment of our society. People see the world in numerous ways. The universe is always wanting to be seen as it is. It wants to be comprehended in one way. It wants to be seen as uniform, but we do not have the minds or eyes of the universe. We have our own minds and eyes. We were made to see the universe for it's false depictions, for they are infinite."
After school, I was approached by my professor and he said, "Your speech was phenomenal, but I do not agree with your message." I told him, "But sir, people DO perceive things differently". I then proceeded to walk him to a pipe.
The pipe was sticking out of the pavement perfectly straight to the sky. The was sun was in the west, so someone from the east would say the shadow is facing them. However, someone from the west would say the shadow is facing away from them. Everyone views the world different. In a perfect world, if the sun was directly above the pipe, you would easily differentiate the light from darkness and be able to see the fine loop between the two.
I often contemplate the way I see the world. Am I seeing it the it is meant to be seen? Am I seeing it through my eyes the universe gave me or the one's I gave myself? That night I had trouble falling asleep, but was gifted with dreams of uniformity.

© 2020 Not Here


Author's Note

Not Here
I wrote this in about two and a half hours, hope you like it.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

18 Views
Added on July 27, 2020
Last Updated on July 27, 2020

Author

Not Here
Not Here

Del Rio, TX



Writing