PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

A Chapter by Aditi_d_storyteller
"

This chapter introduces the female protagonist, how she is and what she wants from life.

"
PROLOGUE
JANUARY 1
My dear mini-me,
“Welcome to 2017. New beginnings have a power in them, the power to create, motivate and nourish. And I feel really glad to welcome you, my mini-me, my new diary for this year ,for another fantabulous year of new stories, experiences and innovations.”
I am Shakthi, a girl full of positive vibes and colorful thoughts. My name gives me a power, the power to achieve what I want and the power to stand out from everyone.
Born and brought up in Chennai, I have a small yet happy family. My mother who had taught me to stay strong in all situations and my father who had opened the gates of wisdom for me are the two pillars of my life. My sister who is a year elder to me is my soul.
“It is just you, who decides who you are", and I decided to be a pilot. In just a month I will have to travel to Delhi for the training. Finally my desires are getting their wings to fly. I can’t wait to feel the softness of clouds and hold the trust of many passengers.
Craving for claps and praises, my focus has been only on goals and success. After all life is all about unleashing the inner potential. I believe that I am capable of marvellous things and am something more than what I think. Success never comes overnight and I am ready to face struggles and pains to attain what I want.
I never know what future has in store for me. Destiny has always been my savior till now. May be tomorrow or the other day, life may have different plans for me. I will have to choose from very limited number of choices.
But I will attain victory, wherever I am, however I am. With every morning that rises, as the rays of sun spreads throughout the earth, my new hopes and aspirations spread their wings to enlighten my soul and enrich my self worth.
My dear mini-me, take care. Have a good time. Wish you a very happy new year once again.


© 2017 Aditi_d_storyteller


Author's Note

Aditi_d_storyteller
This is my very first chapter. What do you think of my words? Is it inspiring? And if you find any errors, please tell me. Thanks a lot.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

It's great for a prologue! Your use of words to describe the character is way better than my choice of words! If I was a character in the story, I could see this as inspiring. And I haven't seen an error. Someone may see one that I don't see, however.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aditi_d_storyteller

6 Years Ago

Thankyou....posting my first chapter now....Thanks again for your kind words
Brian Warby

6 Years Ago

No problem! :)



Reviews

I am finding a big gap between the title of your book & this message. They don't seem to be related. I am guessing that you plan to show us how a person can get beyond the experience of rape by focusing on the positive. But you cannot just lay the word "RAPE" out there & not even address RAPE in your opening statement. YOU (the writer) has to make this connection for the reader. WHY are you starting this way? What are you trying to tell us or teach us? I like hearing about your life & you've described many interesting ideas here, but I do not know where this story is going to be taking me. That's your job as a writer -- you are my guide -- the prologue is meant to draw a map for the reader.

Also, as a survivor of MANY YEARS of rape myself, I am very much focused on positive messages. The problem is that you are literally GUSHING positive messages that are only empty hollow platitudes. You have to do better than this if you want to inspire people, especially painfully damaged people. First, when a person is painfully damaged, they often do not like to be around other people who are ridiculously cheerful. Second, a person in pain does not understand these platitudes becuz they do not have a mental image or heart feeling of how it looks and feels to live in a positive way. If you mean to inspire people who have been damaged by rape, then you have to meet them where they are -- not up on some happy cloud of puffy nonsense. This is not appealing to a person who has been thru something very painful. First, you must sit with the damaged person for a long while & just allow them to be where they are. You can't move people emotionally in a short piece of writing. You have to relate to where they are, show them they can trust your message, before you start in on the repetitive positive affirmations.

I'm sorry if this sounds a little harsh to you. But if you choose a topic like RAPE, then you have a responsibility to get it right. If you have experienced rape yourself, then it sure doesn't come across in your prologue. Or maybe you're just stuffing all your pain & covering it up with a bunch of overly-happy chronic being-busy gyrations so you can never have a moment to think. Thank you for considering my thoughts on this topic.

Posted 6 Years Ago


It's great for a prologue! Your use of words to describe the character is way better than my choice of words! If I was a character in the story, I could see this as inspiring. And I haven't seen an error. Someone may see one that I don't see, however.

Posted 6 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Aditi_d_storyteller

6 Years Ago

Thankyou....posting my first chapter now....Thanks again for your kind words
Brian Warby

6 Years Ago

No problem! :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

149 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 6, 2017
Last Updated on June 6, 2017
Tags: #hope, #courage, #selfmotivation, #journey, #fight, #story, #diary


Author

Aditi_d_storyteller
Aditi_d_storyteller

Madurai, Hindu, India



About
I am Aditi, a girl who loves writing poems. A content writing intern, who loves reading novels. I want to write the stories of inspiration, self confidence and motivation. I am penning down my very fi.. more..

Writing