The Misadventures of an Anti-social Shut In

The Misadventures of an Anti-social Shut In

A Story by Adrian Frederick Adam
"

The misadventures of Alex an anti-social shut in, who stays locked inside his room all day.

"

BAM! BAM! BAM! Goes the door. BAM! BAM! BAM! Goes the door again.

“Alex! Aren’t you going to get out of your bed?!” The angry voice from outside the room paused for a sec, then continued “It’s already 12:30 in the afternoon!  Get off that bed, get out and make some friends for Christ’s sake!”


Alex looked at his wall clock, conveniently placed adjacent to his bed. The short arm was pointing at the number 12, and the long arm was pointing in between the 26th and the 27th establishing small bars. It was indeed almost 12:30 in the afternoon.


The voice from outside, again, persistently making Alex come out of his man cave, “Alex aren’t you coming out?”


Alex cleared his throat and took a deep breath, and said…


“NO!”

 

© 2015 Adrian Frederick Adam


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great story, sounds all too familiar. Short and sweet, for what else is there to say about an anti-social shut in? No means no.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
1 Review
Added on August 2, 2015
Last Updated on September 5, 2015
Tags: misadventures, anti-social, shut in

Author

Adrian Frederick Adam
Adrian Frederick Adam

About
Author of the critically acclaimed -but yet to be published- book, 'Little did they know: Stories and other stories' more..

Writing