Long Time No See

Long Time No See

A Story by Adrian Frederick Adam
"

Aiden, and another guy from across a sea of people, try to recognize each other.

"
"HEY!" shouted a guy from across a sea of people. "HEY!" shouted the guy, again.
Aiden, who was directly across the guy from the other side of the crowd, looked around himself to see if there were any person besides him. 
"IT'S ME!" shouted the guy, ever-persistently.
Realizing that there was no other person around him, Aiden thought the guy was someone he knew. Remembering to have forgotten his spectacles, he squinted hard to the direction of the guy -in an attempt to identify him.
"Useless." whispered Aiden. It was impossible for him to see from that distance.
Fortunately, the guy started to walk briskly towards Aiden.
"oh, good!" Aiden thought, as he knew that it was better if they closed the distance between the two of them, and maybe catch-up.
But as they drew closer to each other, the guy started slowing down and eventually stopped his steps.
Unaware of this, Aiden kept his pace until he surprisingly bumped into the guy. To more of his surprise, he finally recognized who it was -someone he hasn't met before.
"Hey, man! I don't know you!" claimed Aiden.
And the guy just awkwardly continued his walk, away from Aiden -avoiding eye contact.

© 2015 Adrian Frederick Adam


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

87 Views
Added on August 25, 2015
Last Updated on September 5, 2015
Tags: encounter

Author

Adrian Frederick Adam
Adrian Frederick Adam

About
Author of the critically acclaimed -but yet to be published- book, 'Little did they know: Stories and other stories' more..

Writing