How Deep is the Ocean

How Deep is the Ocean

A Story by Adrian Frederick Adam
"

Two people talk about how deep the ocean is while preparing for their things for their underwater treasure hunting

"

“Low’rr de anch’rrs matie”

“For christ’s sake stop the accent man”

“Yerr lack erf commitmunt, dist’rrbs me”

“Really? A pirate vader? Really? C’mon man, can we just do this? Normally? Please?”

“Oh man! Why can’t you just go with it? You’re in my ship you know.”

“I know, it’s just that we’re almost right around the x-spot. We need to be serious if you want that sunken treasure chest”

“I doubt that there’d be anything there that could be considered treasure.”

“Now, who’s lacking ‘commitmunt’ now?”

“Oh f**k off!”

“You know what, I bet even if we don’t find anything good in that sunken treasure chest, I think we’d still find something worth it.”

“Yeah right, like, finding out how deep this ocean goes?”

“…”

“What?”

“That’s not a bad idea!”

“...”

“...”

“You’re kidding right?”

“No, hear me out. Do you know anyone who successfully measured the deepness of the ocean?”

“uhhh no?! Probably, because, if they tried, they’d get eaten alive? You don’t know what lies down there.”

“hmm, yeah, I don’t know, but maybe, there’s a chance that they’re still down there, trying to figure out how deep the ocean goes. Plus can you imagine how much they’ll pay us, for them to print this fact on them in-say-koh-pii-dii-ahs… why do they have to name it like that?”

“Okay, you know I was kidding when I was doing the pirate accent right? But do you know how silly you sound right now? Besides, look at how this ocean stretches out, it’s bound to have a deeper seabed, like, around 70,000 kilometers”

“c’mon! It couldn’t possibly be 70, 000 kilometers.”

“I don’t know man, you said it yourself; we don’t know anyone who’s been down there, because they’re still, probably, trying to get there.”

 

 

 

Neither of them found anything worth anything with their underwater treasure hunting. In fact, their life-support rope did not stretch far enough to have them reach the bed of that particular part of the ocean.

            Later they found out - after a few years following the invention of the internet - that the ocean is around 11 kilometers deep.

 

© 2015 Adrian Frederick Adam


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Funny story. Ar, I love me pirate talk me matey, in a tale of the sea. Sorry, could resist. I really liked the ending and the use of the Internet solved their problem. I guess the real treasure was in their friendship.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

250 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 7, 2015
Last Updated on October 7, 2015

Author

Adrian Frederick Adam
Adrian Frederick Adam

About
Author of the critically acclaimed -but yet to be published- book, 'Little did they know: Stories and other stories' more..

Writing