The Aide

The Aide

A Story by Adrian Frederick Adam
"

A victim of an inconvenient accident, tells his experience.

"

"Hey! What happened?!” a man asked with all the looks of concern.

            I looked up, couldn’t tell who it was, but I didn’t care.

 

“You’re not gonna believe this!” I said with a little excitement.

So, I told him about how I got hit by a speeding cyclist on my way to a hotdog stall across the street.

He didn’t seem amused with my story, so I continued.

 

“I fell and people had me sit up, and they all kept asking me questions”

            The man looked like he was busy doing something else with some equipment, but his head was slightly tilted towards me;

He seemed interested.

 

“The medics got there too, they got there pretty fast, they also asked me a bunch of questions - but all I remember was, I kept telling them that I just wanted to go get lunch. Then I remember this one medic ask me what year it was”

            He subtly changed his position, to one that has him facing straight at me;

I got his attention now.

 

“I was like ‘I know it’s not the 16th century’” I said.

The man smirked.

He thought that was funny, so I continued.

 

“And then they asked me more questions ‘til one of them told me that I couldn’t answer any of their questions right. It was hilarious.”

The man, this time, not only smirked, there was a small laugh that followed; the one’s you do when you don’t want to get caught laughing, but you have to have at least one out.

 

“So, they decided that they have to get me to the hospital.”

            “So, they put you in the ambulance?” he inquired.

Not only did I get this man’s attention, I had him interact with me.

You can’t take off the smile on this man’s face.

You know deep inside that he just can’t stop laughing.

           

I nodded in agreement.

“-they put me in the ambulance. And on the way they kept asking me more questions, but I was still trynna get the guy on the year. He didn’t correct me, I couldn’t digress, I had to know what year it was. So I was, like, saying different years, despite the fact that they were asking me different questions.”

            The man couldn’t hold his laughter any more.

 

“Yeah, I know! It was funny! You should’ve been there!”

            This time, the man lost it. He tried stopping his laughter, it was hurting him.

            Once he collected himself…

 

“I am!” he said, to my confusion. 

            “-you're still in the ambulance! It’s just been 7 minutes since you got hit. You passed out.” 

            He continued,

            “and, yeah, Im the medic that asked you what year it was, and it's 2015.” 

© 2015 Adrian Frederick Adam


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well thought through and very funny.

Well done!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Hahaha loved this!!! I kept wanting to giggle and crack a smile like the medic in the ambulance :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Adrian Frederick Adam

8 Years Ago

Thank you very much! I appreciate your feedback. :)
This is a very funny story with a creative ending that had me laughing. It is very well written, congratulations!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Adrian Frederick Adam

8 Years Ago

Thank you! I am -afterall- an aspiring humorist.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 11, 2015
Last Updated on October 12, 2015

Author

Adrian Frederick Adam
Adrian Frederick Adam

About
Author of the critically acclaimed -but yet to be published- book, 'Little did they know: Stories and other stories' more..

Writing