The Refuge

The Refuge

A Chapter by Agar
"

finding a refuge was back than was the best way to escape a wrong choice..

"

I remember the day I walked inside the fine art school, and felt uncertain, in front of the white walls, I felt fear, it was like you are standing in a crossroad, with a deep forgotten past, and a hazzy future, you have to make a decision right away; and I had no time..


I never had to decide about my life, a choice with no possible regression, I felt so perplex, lost, and undecided. I asked myself again and again "can I really afford this?" "will I be able to gain success just because I chose to persue my childhood path? " "Is there really a way out there?" "Do I really have to struggle with people' rules and stuff?!" no one would encourage me to go to a fine art school, nobody had a clear idea about what art is, for the majority art is craft, and for those who knew something about what art was, there was not a chance for an artist to grow in such a land, where only ignorance, fear, and poverty could prosper; "so, why dont you my child become a doctor? a teacher? or a civil engineer?" and the child with the big eyes felt sorrow, and ran away far from the old witches mumbeling: "Have you gone mad?"


"you won't send your child to a dead end road", "there is no bread over there my child!"


The fine art school back then was, for me a refuge from the nonesence world out there. Howver, I knew I was not going to a utopia..!



 



© 2018 Agar


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on December 26, 2018
Last Updated on December 26, 2018
Tags: haze, choise, future, time, struggle, people, art, refuge, mad, bread, faith, utopia


Author

Agar
Agar

Mostaganem, Algeria



About
My name is Agar, I'm a student at a fine art school. I am interested besides arts, in litterature, phylosophy, science, and many other fields. I started writing since 2014 but never got published, may.. more..

Writing
Essence Essence

A Book by Agar