Humble Beginnings & Silent Achievers

Humble Beginnings & Silent Achievers

A Story by Ahleen Embel
"

This is a story of how i was raised in a well groomed home but with Gods blessings upon us my parents are proud parents of University Graduate daughters one Engineer & English major and a Economist.

"
The Year was 1990 when my Father and Mother got married, my mother was a teenage herself and barley finished high school in year 10, she was only 16 years old, and my dad was 25. My dad was a handsome tall well built-ed guy who just entered University to study Law foundation year 1989.Its the customs and traditions that the guys family must pay the prides family for thanking them for looking after her till her marrying age, so some money and food will be exchange for her hand in marriage by traditions. So a week has passed and the marriage was settled and she was taken to the husbands village by her now new family and in-laws to another village in that same province.
I guess my mother grew to love her new family and also my fathers mother has her own my grandma, we came from a political family, meaning my dads big brother was a Member of the Parliament, but my dad did his own thing by trying to finish his University degree because he was already married and starting his family soon.He was flying in and out from the village where mum was at but by the mid of 1992 my mother was pregnant with me and my dad flow her to the city called Port Moresby the Capital of Papa New Guinea. The afternoon was long has my mum said has she was seating in the plane she was feeling the labor pains has the plane landed at Jacksons Airport, she was rushed to the Hospital. At 5pm the date 5th of August 1992 i was born and my dad named me Ahleen , my dad was happy to have someone to call him daddy and he was proud. But i was not alone for long, by 1994 i welcome my twin sisters named (Ahlexa twin1)&(Ahlice twin2) when i was just 13months old and i had more playmates to play with i think i was happy then, i cant really recall.It was fun growing up together so close in age and enjoyed the sisterly company, but we didn't grow up with Dolls and Toys and all that we never had this things. My dad teaches us Christian Principles and teaching whole our lives since birth, in 2001 our only Brother Ahlvin was born and we finally had a boy in the family to carry my dads place. We girls started school in 1999 prep school and we always wanted to please our parents.
In Primary school all of us finishing Year 8 we all did pretty well us girls and we were praised by our parents. We didn't have much growing up my mum would sale small things near our school to support the family while my dads work place close so all the employees had to look for work elsewhere. My mother supported the family selling food near our school for 2 years till my dad finally did get a new job by time all thanks to Gods blessings. The in 2009 we all entered High school and we were more exposed to new environment and more other kids with different aspects in life. I have never felt the need to try to fit in or try this new things, like smoking or join in drinking and all this sorts, i always have my dads teaching in my mind always. My great disappointment be seeing if i disobey my dad and i never wanna do that ever. 2011 I finally survived 4 years of high school and i graduated, but i was unlucky i didn't get a offer to any Universities i was very upset and felt i failed myself and my Dad, but my dad always encouraged me saying God has other plans for you my daughter. Dad said just wait only on Gods timing his own timing, so i waited and waited, has i waited my twin sisters finished Year 12 in 2012 a year after me. But Gods good hands has blessed my parents they both got offers to Attend Universities and i was a proud big sister i know i failed but if my sisters passed made me more prouder then ever.
I knew God had a plan for me i just waited patiently, i was depressed i though i will never experience University life and how it feels to be a college student and watching all my schoolmates going to Universities and graduating and i was still waiting for my Time, it will be one day now i was just hoping. Has 2017 approached it was my Twin sisters Graduation Day has arrived, finally my parents hard work has  paid off they getting their Degrees now , i was a proud big sister always. I was only hoping when will i get mine too? God am still waiting show me some signs that your listening.
That Prayer was answered in 12th August 2017 ,after my sisters graduations i received my Scholarship Award to Study Overseas in China in for Bachelors Degree in International Economics and Trade, i cried when i saw my name on the list on social media i was so overwhelm i cant express my Joy. I knew my God has not forgotten me at all and has blessed me with this lifetime present i received, My God has answered my tears i cry every night and i was very happiest girl in the world.
The parents has struggled to give us their kids a better education and life and i can say they have achieved that goal in life,now my parents getting old its our turn their kids to look after them , let them enjoy the handwork they deserve.
God be praised always and Good all the time.
My Twins Sisters graduated with this Degrees Under their names
Ahlexa -Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering 
Ahlice- Bachelors Degree in English and Communications 

And myself am studying currently a Undergraduate Student for Bachelors  Degree in International Economics and Trade
in China.


Thank you For reading my Story.


Regards
 Miss Ahleen.

© 2018 Ahleen Embel


Author's Note

Ahleen Embel
What do you think, please correct some error or paragraphs and grammars

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

101 Views
Added on April 24, 2018
Last Updated on April 25, 2018
Tags: Life, Blessings, Struggles and Achievements

Author

Ahleen Embel
Ahleen Embel

Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea, Papua New Guinea



About
Hi. My name is Ahleen Embel i love writing short stories about life experience from actual facts and imagination going wild a little. more..

Writing