The Other Doll

The Other Doll

A Story by Aimee Olivera
"

A random, um... Short story? I'm not really sure what it is... But pleeeeaaaaseeee read and review! (:

"

One day there was a china doll with eyes like sapphires, hair like a raven and its face was as white as snow.
The doll had twenty dresses and forty pairs of shoes, and she was famed across the land for her beauty.
One day another doll was placed on the shelf next to the china doll, the other dolls face was cracked and its hair a tangled, dirty, mess.
It wore pants with rips and patches and had nothing on its chest; the china doll with all its grace and beauty looked down on the other doll.
She haughtily spoke to it and despised the way it looked and acted, the other doll felt sad and lonely.
The next day, when the family was out, a white van drew up outside the house.
Six men got out and broke in through the door and took clothes and jewelry and they took the china doll.
The family came home and found the door wide open, they saw the clothes and jewelry were gone and they saw the china doll was gone. 
They were sad, the other doll was happy.
The china doll was in a sack, she bumped around inside the van and her china face cracked. She was taken out and her pretty dress and silken shoes were taken and sold.
The other doll was mended, it face repainted, its cracks filled in, the ugly, tattered pants were gone, replaced with the china dolls other twenty dresses and forty pairs of shoes.
The china doll was sold to grubby pauper children, they made her pants with rips and patches, and her chest was bare.
The other doll’s hair was washed and brushed then put up with a satin ribbon.
The china doll was dropped in the dirt and her hair was tangled and matted with grime.
The family went to the market and saw a poor family selling their belongings to be able to buy food, the family felt sorry for them and bought a doll that they were selling.
The doll was placed on the shelf next to a china doll with eyes like sapphires, hair like a raven and its face was as white as snow.
The doll had twenty dresses and forty pairs of shoes, and she was famed across the land for her beauty.
The new doll’s face was cracked and its hair a tangled, dirty, mess.
It wore pants with rips and patches and had nothing on its chest. The other doll with its newfound grace and beauty looked down on the china doll.
She haughtily spoke to it and despised the way it looked and acted, the other doll felt sad and lonely.

© 2014 Aimee Olivera


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
1 Review
Added on October 22, 2014
Last Updated on October 22, 2014

Author

Aimee Olivera
Aimee Olivera

Cork, Ireland



About
Never judge a book by its cover, I am 13, do not read my work with that in mind, judge me as if I were an adult. Criticism is only reasonable if you have a reason. more..

Writing