I'm Found

I'm Found

A Chapter by Aisha
"

Samuel finally found by a couple.

"

**General Point Of View**

The wind blew warm across the coast making the limp trees bend slightly below their height and wave their leaves in it's direction creating a soft, rustling noise making the atmosphere seem friendly- perfect for a quiet walk in the park. The tall trees stood as a barrier between the Lively playing ground and the dead-looking wild which often scared off the children. The day had a slight color of grey in it indicating the possibility of rain on the barren land.

Annabelle and Harold walked quietly under the grey sky, hands in hands whispering words of love to each other. Harold slowly yet lovingly caressed Annabelle's cheeks as both stopped in their tracks to look at each other.

"Yesterday was amazing, Harold." whispered Annabelle not breaking her eye contact with him.  

He slid his fingers smoothly below her cheeks and replied, "I just want you to always remember Anne. I will Always love you. No matter what. You understand?" 

"Harold... you have done so much for me. So damn much and.. and i can't even give you your own child honey.." she slowly lowered her gaze as she spoke. 

"Again? I f*****g told you i don't want one. You understand?!" He raised her head and she nodded in agreement. 

"I love you." 

"I love you too."

These were there last words of love before there feet took them towards a horrid future- and indeed became the day they later dreaded to change for the sake of themselves and yet, humanity.

**Annabelle's Point Of View**

I slowly stood up on my tip toes, ready for a contact with his lips, as he bent to give me a kiss. My eyes wandered around the coast unintentionally and eventually caught on a stranded young child at the very end of the barrier, his head down while talking to someone. My mind convinced me that he would be talking to one of his siblings yet my eyes saw no one beside him for i was not far from him. Hence, my brain stood defied.

Harold noticed my distraction and looked in my direction. 

"What happened?" he asked while scanning his surroundings. 

"That kid," i pointed towards the lonely child and Harold caught his eye on him as well. He walked slowly towards the lost being while I followed him throughout till we were above his head, with him still fiddling with the leaves that had fallen off their support and laid dead on the sandy ground. He raised his head and my eyes didn't take long examining his vulnerable yet fresh and lively features as if of a new-born baby. He seemed fairer then the day itself, his cheeks all filled up making them seem like a fully filled air balloon. His hands were extremely small and hardly reached up to the size of the young dead leaf that laid on the ground.

"What's your name kid?" asked Harold, breaking me from my thoughts. He lifted his head towards Harold's direction and replied in a small and angelic voice, "Sam-Samuel"

"Sam, where are your parents hun?" Sam stood quiet for awhile after which he broke his gaze from us and continued fiddling with the leaves.

"Are you lost?" Harold bent down to his level and tried to build up eye contact once again- for the hope he might get some answers in his eyes, but he seemed expressionless, no fear, no happiness, no nothing.

He slowly nodded his head in disagreement and finally spoke, "No parents. Just friend."

Harold looked at me in a questioning manner and i gave him a blank look telling him i had no clue. He once again turned towards the child and continued, "What friend?"

Sam ignored the question and kept fiddling with the leaves. When Harold and i were assured there would be no reply, we decided to look for his parents, or 'friend' our self. But we decided not to leave Sam here for he might be really lost. We held his hand and lifted him up to our side and he agreeingly followed, which was quite unusual? 

**5 hours later**

The park was empty, no kid neither parents were there anymore.

"What's your friend's name?" Harold asked Sam who remained quiet during our search, maybe clueless of what had been going on around him.

"Andy," he replied back instantly and lowered his head. He seemed tired.

"Harold, it's nearly twilight, we should leave honey. We would continue search tomorrow. Maybe someone would know who Andy is." I told Harold who also seemed to be agreeing with me. We got back in the car with Sam on the passenger seat and rushed off towards home.

******

"Sami, sweety, you want anything to eat?" I asked Sam as we came back after the tireless yet slightly adventurous day. He nodded his head in disagreement and i lead him back towards his room. He rushed past me towards his bed.

"Mum, please shut the lights off, and slightly leave the door open.And yeah, leave the halls lit." He advised.

I found that quiet weird at first but then brushed it off thinking it might be a habit. After performing the requested actions, i headed back in my room and drifted off in a deep slumber.

******

"Hahaahahaha", "No way, no saying, stooppp.", "Hahahaa!"

"What the hell? What time is it?" i mumbled to myself as the laughs broke my slumber, disturbingly. I switched on the lights of my room and found Harold snoring on the other end of the bed. What did i just hear? Maybe just a dream..

I looked at the time and the clock read 2 in the morning. The fading murmur again echoed throughout the halls which again caught my attention. 

"I think we should wait to pry on the enemy." said the strange yet familiar voice again to who knows what.

"She's a b-" the voice got cut off at the end and i quickly guessed the last word. I could then hear the shifting noises from the hall. 

"Andy-" something murmured which almost seemed to be coming from my room. Andy? I've heard the name before but can't put my finger on it.

I slowly pulled the sheets off my  bare legs and creaked open the door leading to the narrow hall. It layed quiet and peaceful as before so there must be something in the kitchen, the washroom or in... Sam's room?

"S**t-" said the strange voice again. The rustling noises echoed in my ears and i shifted towards Sam's room where they seemed to be coming from. The door was slightly open- just as i had left it. Just then, i could hear someone chewing inside the room. I stood motionless against the wall beside the room door, waiting to catch my eye on something, But the voices kept on going as they were. Was Sam eating something? 

I slowly turned my head towards the open end of the door and without making any noise, peeked in but all i could see was a black figure recklessly chewing something and then throwing it out. 

"How did you like it Andy? " I recognized the voice as Sam's and further tried to peek in. My head slowly progressed towards Andy's face who had his head down. His eyes quickly darted towards me and i felt a cold shiver run down my spine. His eyes were bloodshot and they almost pierced through my body making me feel unsafe. I wasted no more than a second and quickly rushed towards my room, my heart bumping in my chest as if it would just break through. I locked my room door and heaved a heavy sigh, with slight tears threatening to fall from my eyes, my body shaking of my impact and my heart beating like crazy.

I had just found out who Andy was.



© 2013 Aisha


Author's Note

Aisha
Please Comment and give reviews :)x

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

125 Views
Added on July 21, 2013
Last Updated on July 21, 2013
Tags: horror, paranormal, my shadow, thrilling, mystery


Author

Aisha
Aisha

Lahore, Asia, Pakistan



About
Chalant, friendly, enthusiastic, inspired And your desired writer. Have a 'thing' for horror stories and films *__* Hope you enjoy my story, Regards, Ash. more..

Writing
My Shadow My Shadow

A Book by Aisha