Mulla Nasruddin Tale - Who is Mulla

Mulla Nasruddin Tale - Who is Mulla

A Chapter by Aishwarya

Mulla Nasruddin

Mulla Nasruddin is the starring character in a vast number of amusing tales told in regions all over the world, particularly in countries in or near the Middle East. Each tale depicts Nasruddin in a different situation and through his view point they humorously reveal commentary and lessons on various life themes. The great allure of Mulla Nasruddin tales is that they are funny as well as lesson filled philosophical and thought provoking.

Mulla the character
The character Mulla Nasruddin is sometimes wise, sometimes foolish and sometimes both. He is a unique spin on a wise sage or philosopher character. Much of Mulla actions can be described as illogical yet logical, rational yet irrational, bizarre yet normal and simple yet profound what adds even further to his uniqueness is the way he gets across his messages in unconventional yet very effective methods.
Origins and History

Mulla tales have been passed down for many centuries. It is thought that Mulla character is based on a real man who lived in the Boos. However, many countries claim to be the origin of the actual Mulla character, and his tales and it remains uncertain where the man lived, and the stories started.

But whatever the origins of Mulla are pinpointing them has become a trivial point. As generations went by new stories were added, others were modified, and the character and his tales spread the broader regions the types of themes and wisdom in his tales have become legendary products of a variety of people’s observations and imaginations. And although most of them depict Mulla Nasruddin in an early small village setting, the tales deals with concept that have relevance to today’s universe and people.
                                                 Today, Mulla Nasruddin stories are told in a wide variety of regions and have been translated into many languages.
                                                          In many regions, Mulla is a major part of the culture and is quoted or alluded to frequently in daily life. Since there are thousands of different Nasruddin stories, one can be found to fit almost any occasion.

Sufis also use Nasruddin stories frequently as learning and meditation tools, like the way Zen Buddhism practitioners use koans.

The Nasruddin stories are known throughout the Middle East and have touched cultures around the world. Superficially, most of the Nasruddin stories may be told as jokes or humorous anecdotes. They are told and retold endlessly in the tea houses and caravansaries of Asia and can be heard in homes and radios. But it is inherent in a Nasruddin story that it may be understood at many levels, There is a joke, followed be a moral and usually the little extra which brings the consciousness of the potential mystic a little further on the way to realization


© 2021 Aishwarya


Author's Note

Aishwarya
For reading the amazing,wise,foolish and funny tales of our favorite Mulla visit my writings

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

18 Views
Added on November 30, 2021
Last Updated on November 30, 2021