Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Aj Smith

The regal ballroom overflowed with figures of all ages. Children in posh pastel gowns scurried around the white-clothed tables, old men and women sat in the corners, their cracked faces beaming as they drank wine and laughed at old tales, and couples in crisp suits and exquisite full-length gowns danced joyfully on the dance floor.

Above them, diamond chandeliers made the room shine with a golden hue and swung about as if they too were dancing along with the smooth classical music.

Then the music stopped and everyone in the room turned their attention to the grand staircase as a couple appeared, descending majestically as man and wife. Applause erupted throughout the room and the couple waved and smiled at the crowd. They arrived at the bottom of the stairs and music started once again as the man offered the woman his hand and they twirled gracefully along the floor. 

A sudden chaos echoed from outside and the grand doors swung wide open.

The music squeaked to a halt and the dresses swung to settle as everyone turned to stare at the abrupt interruption.

Six figures rushed into the room, scurried around back of the doors and hauled them shut.

The girl with black hair wiped the loose strain of hair out of her exasperated face and turned around. Her expression mirrored the surprised faces scattered throughout the room. She pivoted back around and exchanged a whisper with the boy with black hair and the girl with red hair. The redhead stepped forward confidently with a smile and greeted the stunned crowd.

"Hello. Um, we are very so-" There was a loud thump and gasp to follow.

"CALL A MEDIC!" The black haired boy shouted and the girl whirled around with the rest of the crowd to see the blonde haired boy lying motionless on the floor.

Two rushed back to where the boy had fallen while the black haired boy swapped places of the woman in front of the crowd. He directed his attention towards the wedded couple.

He offered a sympathetic smile. "Congratulations on your marriage and we are very sorry for the intrusion, but would you happen to have a phone we could borrow?"



© 2018 Aj Smith


Author's Note

Aj Smith
All comments and suggestions welcome!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

47 Views
Added on May 21, 2018
Last Updated on May 21, 2018


Author

Aj Smith
Aj Smith

Roswell, GA



About
Hello! My name is Anastasia Jones. I have a passion for exploration, asking the important questions and living life to the fullest extent possible. I love quotes (tell me if you've got any good ones.. more..

Writing