Alternative Ending to "Can You Spot me?"

Alternative Ending to "Can You Spot me?"

A Story by Akeshi Shimikai
"

I must have been a depressed person, but since I found I just figured I'd post it. Please enjoy (As much as you can). Technically, it may make more sense. I believe you can tell where I left off.:p

"

“I don’t. I am sorry. You must leave. You are scaring the cubs.” The giant towered over them threateningly.

 

After taking a long look at the man, Aaron raced towards him. “You liar!” A cub had wandered into Aaron’s path, unnoticed by him.

 

“Aaron, the cub!” Bianca shouted in horror.

 

The leader lifted a tremendous paw and pounced forward, and slashed Aaron across the chest with his sharp claws, knocking him backward…. Everything stopped for Bianca as she saw Aaron lay in a pool of his own blood, heaving for breath.

 

“AARON!!!!” She screamed, racing towards him. By the time she reached him, he didn’t have a pulse and his eyes were dim. Sobbing uncontrollably, Bianca fell to the ground, her legs weak and shaking. “Aaron. Aaron. Aaron…” She looked to the little cub that had been saved from her brother’s recklessness. Looking to the ground, defeated, she spoke, “My parents did the exact same thing didn’t they?” She sniffed as more tears streamed down her fur on dripped onto Aaron’s cold body. “Endangered a cub?”

 

“Yes. They did,” the leader said solemnly. “Your brother would’ve-“

 

“I know!! Just because I understand, doesn’t mean you can talk about him like that!!” Bianca hissed back furious. “You still killed my brother,” she said softly.

 

The lion inclined his head, bowing, a sign of great respect, but Bianca was too heartbroken to appreciate the gesture. “I’ll carry him to where I buried your parents.” All Bianca could do was nod her head. She had no more anger, just sorrow.

 

He led her to a beautiful green grazing land near a little river underneath a large tree and laid Aaron down gently. Two graves lay in the space, her mom and dad. She thanked him quietly, and he left, heading back to his family. Standing on wobbling legs, she stared at the ground, at her dead parents.

“Stupid... You guys are all so stupid…” Bianca started, tears already starting to fall. “I am glad that you didn’t abandon us,” she said tenderly, a sad smile on her face. “Aaron,” she nearly broke down after saying his name, “never gave up hope.”


“Mom, dad, I don’t want you to worry. We grew up just fine, an-and I’m so sorry that I didn’t trust you guys….” She sobbed loudly into and placed a paw on top of their graves. “I miss you guys…”

 

She then looked at the unbearable sight of her baby brother. “Aaron...” she whimpered; her heart felt like it had been crushed. Laying down next to his bloody body, she snuggled into him and tried to calm her tears and her frantic breaths. “You’re cold Aaron,” she said solemnly, “so cold.” She looked up at the vast field around them. “Do you remember when we used to chase each other around when we were cubs? I always beat you, and you cried? Those were fun times. You pinned me today. Remember? You have become so much stronger and brave. I’m so proud to be your sister.” Her frame shook like a leaf as she tried to laugh, instead choked back tears. “Did you know? I loved you so much… ”

 

She felt his blood soak into her coat and looked at his unresponsive form. “Aaron….” Her voice broke, and she whimpered… “It hurts inside my chest. I can’t stop crying. Your big sis is being such a cub…” Aaron lay there motionless. “Aaron, you were all I had left. What I am I supposed to do? You have to stay.... I’ll let you beat me in all the races, and y-you-you’ll never have to hurt anyone... Just come back to me.” There was no response. “Aaron….” Her lip quivered, she hugged him closer to her. “D-don’t leave me…” 


The air was filled with stifled loud cries of anguish and tears. Bianca laid next to her brother’s corpse on top of her parents’ graves for the rest of the day. Each one had lost to the power of assumptions and reckless action. She left quietly the next morning after burying Aaron and walked home, lonelier and emptier than how she had come. Nothing would ever be the same.


Moral: Your perspective is a close-minded view, you must look beyond what you see. 

© 2016 Akeshi Shimikai


Author's Note

Akeshi Shimikai
Heya. I totally forgot about the moral on the other one. Oh well... *Sigh* These things come and go, and I'm only a young adult.... What will I do with the rest of my life?!!!!! (Besides otaku out) BTW did anyone see the Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find them? I haven't, but J.K. Rowling is a genius, so it must have some quality. On the other hand, leave comments or not, but I do want feedback. So ya. See ya!!!
(Notice how there is one tiger in the picture now!!! :OOO)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This ending has quite a bit more sadness in it. I think the other ending may have been better, but this one shows the folly of a parent being passed on. Either one, I think, has the moral associated with it.

Posted 7 Years Ago


Akeshi Shimikai

7 Years Ago

Thanks again. Appreciate it. I felt that either way could've worked. It was so hard to kill Aaron th.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

202 Views
1 Review
Added on November 20, 2016
Last Updated on November 20, 2016

Author

Akeshi Shimikai
Akeshi Shimikai

LA, CA



About
Nobody really wants to know about me, right? Completely boring, boring, boring, average kid, so I'll cut you guys some slack. Life story: Anime. Participate in my contest ;). Anyways, send me some stu.. more..

Writing