Prologue/Chapter 0

Prologue/Chapter 0

A Chapter by Akkastara
"

Reverend, one of the oldest ringmakers alive, hires an assistant, Poe. While Reverend is excited to tell Poe about the history of the rings and the instruments, Poe is more interested in his rings.

"

RingTone

Akkastara

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The moment she was created, the world took on a new color, but he could not let her go. She was too precious, too… powerful. She glowed with a magnificent brightness that could never be forgotten. If her ring was to fall into the wrong hands, it could be the end of such a beautiful color.


So he locked her away, in a special glass case, where she would stay…forever…and ever…. And ever….. Or so he thought.


“Ah, good morning, Poe. Today is your first day, are you ready?”


“Uhh, y-yes sir!” Poe answered nervously.


Ringmaker Reverend, one of the world’s oldest ringmakers, sat Poe down and began to teach him the legends and histories of the rings and the instruments.


“See, the very first ringmaster created her ring from the finest bronze, which was able to connect to her instrument, the bells. Using her bells, she connected to her ring and summoned one of the greatest angels alive. His name was Afriel. Together, they were the unstoppable partnership. Unfortunately, they weren’t the only ones who figured out how to summon otherworldly beings.” Reverend explained while twisting his long, purple hair around his finger.


“Sir, are you talking about the first Demon Gang?” Poe asked as he shifted his glasses.


“I see you did your research,” Reverend applauded, “Yes. The Demons literally used rings and instruments to summon demons. Their instruments were handcrafted by the Ashes Corporation.”


“That’s…well.. interesting and all, but I’d like to see some of the rings you’ve created, Sir Reverend,” Poe said impatiently, his brown eyes lighting up with excitement.


“Ah, yes. We’ll get to that in a bit, but first, would you like some coffee?”


“No, thank you.”


“Alright, suit yourself. “


As soon as Reverend left the room, Poe began to look around. He studied the old, dusty pictures on the walls, sneezing loudly after touching one of them.


“Are you alright over there?” Reverend called out.


“Uhh, y-yes sir!” Poe replied, as a blush of embarrassment found itself upon his pale, freckled cheeks.


“I’ll be out in just a moment.” 


Poe quickly moved to the balcony that was connected to the room to get some fresh air. He looked down at the small, broken-down village below him. He had never been this high up before in his life, nor was he used to climbing such a tall mountain. Glancing to his right, Poe noticed a small, cannon-like object that seemed to have been modified for some alternative purpose. He took a deep breath as he reached out to study it, but he was startled by the touch of someone’s hand on his shoulder.


“Wah!”


“Whoa, calm down, Poe. It’s just me,” Reverend laughed under his breath, “I see you’re admiring the view.”


“Y-Yes,” Poe stuttered.


Reverend took a sip of his coffee and took a seat. His gold eyes locked onto Poe’s, narrowing with suspicion.


“So, you want to see my rings, eh?” Reverend asked.


“Y-Yes sir, I would love to,” Poe replied.


“Alright, I’ll show you my first.”


“Really? It must not be as powerful as some of your other rings, right?” Poe asked as he fixed his messy, light brown hair.


“On the contrary, she’s the most powerful ring I’ve ever created,” he said as he dug around for a glass case in one of his many drawers. “Aha!”


Poe’s eyes sparkled when he saw the ring. It was a shiny, silver ring that had turquoise jewels encrusted into it. It was so simple, yet he could feel the power coming from it. It was as if there was a new color added to the world.


This ring, Poe thought, has the power to summon one of the most powerful beings. I can feel it.


“Want to get a closer look?” Reverend asked.


“Yes, sir!” Poe shouted with excitement, his shaky hands ready to hold such a beautiful ring.


“Alright,” Reverend smirked as he put the ring inside a cannon-like telescope object.


“Is that thing a cannon?!”


“Why, this old thing? Yes, it was. I used it for spare parts to create a magnifier.” Reverend smiled proudly.


“Does it still work?”


“Nah, watch this!” Reverend said with excitement as he pulled the string a few times, “This ring isn’t going anywhere!”


Just as he said that, the cannon fired, and the ring flew out of sight.


_______________


Author's Notes and Characters' comments on their roles in the story.

______________


Author Akkastara: Hello everyone! I hope you enjoyed the prologue! I'll be coming out with Chapter 1: Partners very soon!


Reverend: Why did you have to make the cannon shoot my ring?! And how is it even possible that the cannon fired when all I did was pull the string?!


Author Akkastara: Well, this story is set in another universe. Since we're technically not on planet Earth, I can decide how things work! 


Reverend: But... But... My first ring! She's very precious to me!! Please give her back!


Author Akkastara: NEVER!


Poe: It's okay, Sir Reverend, just wait for the next chapter. Maybe things will get better.


Author Akkastara: Well, that's it for this chapter! I hope you enjoyed it! Keep on reading!



© 2016 Akkastara


Author's Note

Akkastara
If you're confused about the last part, it's just me talking to the characters as if it's a talk-show. It's not actually part of the story itself.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really enjoyed this prologue. It sucked me into Poe's world, and made me want to see more of it. I did enjoy the little talk show at the end. ;) Sometimes it really seems like the characters are alive in your head eh? Anyway, this is a good piece, but the font makes it kind of hard on the eyes to read. Other than that, great job!

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

230 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on June 22, 2016
Last Updated on June 22, 2016
Tags: RingTone, Lotus, Akkastara, Prologue, Chapter 0


Author

Akkastara
Akkastara

About
I'm here to write stories that please the public! Enjoy reading! more..

Writing
Ascendance Ascendance

A Book by Akkastara


RingTone RingTone

A Book by Akkastara