For Your Pleasure Tonight: Prologue

For Your Pleasure Tonight: Prologue

A Chapter by Alain Ximmi


Prologue


Economies have risen and crashed. Wars have been fought, won but ultimately lost. The gap between the 1% and everyone else is at an all time high. Terrorism, both domestic and foreign have followed suit and are also at an all time high. Immigration has collapsed on itself due to overpopulation and London has shut down any out of-community trade beyond the wall. The wall; a "short term" solution to an increasing unemployment and consequent crime spree problem. Currently on going and escalating. The commercial, tourism, and of course political government sectors in the capital's center remain open but the residential, detention and service sectors of the outer boroughs have been walled off. However, to prevent total anarchy, the powers that be allow for day passes and provide free public transport to people in and out of the capital zone to facilitate the illusion of an improving economy. For now.

The wealthy have begun to migrate to their countryside estates far from the collapsing metropolises of this grim age. Even the legalization of almost all banned narcotic substances with a premium mark up on value added tax couldn't save the city. Needless to say the black markets flourish. Opportunities are bountiful. The growing divide between the isolated "safety" of the wealthy within the capital's walls and the immigrants and other forgotten populous in the degrading lawless atmosphere of the outer boroughs births a loss of touch between the two eccentrically different and rapidly growing cultures. This naturally leads to mystery and in consequence, curiosity. And for those few in the know, curiosity can be a very marketable and valuable commodity.



© 2016 Alain Ximmi


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on March 22, 2016
Last Updated on May 27, 2016


Author

Alain Ximmi
Alain Ximmi

France



About
Hello everyone, I'm Alain. New to the site and writing in general. I have to confess that while my love for literature is very much real it comes a close second to my love of cinema. However, I am we.. more..

Writing