a reason

a reason

A Poem by alan khan

you've searched for affection. one that was not unlike that one you had in the fairy tales of your reclaimed memories.
and perhaps you've found it..
but she is not there. she does not exist within those confines just yet. she suffers from the life she lives. and though you've climbed out of hell and no longer face unhappiness. you can still feel the tragedy in her sadness. 
frustration will find you. as will your selfish need to make public those frustrations.
but then it isn't about you is it? for once in your life hero, think not of your gratification. 
behave in such a way where she will somehow find peace. 
help her to see that no outside force will unlock her peace. 
help her to feel the infinity that swells within her. 
our entire lives we are made to believe that we will someday be improved and made complete by outside forces, whether it be a God, a career, a marriage etc.. the fact remains that any potential made or shattered is ultimately within ourselves. completeness is a harmful notion, and when not clinging to delusion and paranoia, one might find they were always free. 

love her is all. you've grown quite good at that already. 

© 2012 alan khan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

123 Views
Added on March 15, 2012
Last Updated on March 15, 2012

Author

alan khan
alan khan

Mint Hill, NC



About
I'm Alan Khan. more..

Writing
shiver shiver

A Poem by alan khan