Blurred World

Blurred World

A Poem by Ryun Cushing

She says, "why is he so angry." 
And I scream.... "LOOK AT THE WORLD, TELL ME ONE REASON HE SHOULDN'T BE?"
Couldn't be?
Why wouldn't you be?
The world is full of desecrating bodies, and deceit. 
Nothing in this world seems to be concrete. 
Even if you take a walk right down the street, you could see a homeless man getting robbed, or somebody being beat.
This world is vile.
But then there's the eyes of a child, looking at the same world as you and I, and yet they still smile. 
What do they see, that we do not? Because I look around me, and somebody just got shot, or somebody's been stealing and they've just been caught.
You watch the news these days, and all you have is a blurred disposition, you've got the wrong vision.
You don't know what this world is about, you're just living in it, and waiting on your ticket out.

© 2013 Ryun Cushing


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

forget my last post this is very far beyond most poet i've read

Posted 11 Years Ago


very nice and it held my interest all the way through but a little less ryhming may prove more mature

Posted 11 Years Ago


What a great piece!! Had me thinking how innocent eyes do view this world in a different manner. That's due to lack of experience in life, maturity, understanding. Well penned Alastor.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The Rhyme scheme was beautiful. The poem powerful and gave us two very distinct views but in the end there's only one bitter truth.
The message was honest and strikes straight into the inner core of what it is to be human and live in this modern world.
"You don't know what this world is about, you're just living in it, and waiting on your ticket out." very well written. Favorited.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Very powerful words and ring so true. Great job :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Your words ring loudly with truth, and rhyme is excellent! If only we could all see the world through the eyes of a child - ah, 'tis so painful when we see all in the light of day!


Posted 11 Years Ago


Ain't that just the big, figg'n truth?! You've got the gist of it Alastor, it's dead.. unless you can recover form it with the eyes and mind of a trusting child that has not experienced enough of this world to reach critical, cynical mass. A kick-a*s poem. Ouch!

Posted 11 Years Ago


I want to be a child again, how good would it be to be oblivious to the pains of our world? Very good (although saddening) message although I'm not waiting for my ticket out. I'm looking round and seeing what I can change about the world to make it a better place. Don't give up on hope man! There is good out in this world, you just need to look and find it! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


The world is a horrible place, I agree. Full of deaths, war, guns; dying of cold, hunger, drowning.... Very sad. Instead of celebrites buying a new car every week they could give it all to charity so we can make our world a better place. Coz right now.... I hate our world and what it's become... sorry just my blabbering.... great poem :) Love it xoxo

Posted 11 Years Ago


" It is better to light a single candle than to sit and curse the darkness." Confucius...The Analects

Instead of LOOKING at our world we need to be active participants in CHANGE for the better. Not so we can "feel good" about ourselves but so we can offer hope to a hurting world. Just my thoughts. Bless.

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

592 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on January 16, 2013
Last Updated on January 16, 2013
Tags: blurred, world, poem, spoken word, anger, future

Author

Ryun Cushing
Ryun Cushing

NJ



About
Filmmaker.Writer.Musician. more..

Writing
10) 10)

A Poem by Ryun Cushing


Trace Trace

A Poem by Ryun Cushing



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..