Waves of faith

Waves of faith

A Story by "Aleeza"

I wanted to start out by exploring what the word Faith even means. Faith- Complete trust or confidence in someone or something. Faith in the Hebrew language is Amanah- Agreement. To stand in agreement, so to have complete confidence in the One we are faithful too. There are times in our lives when we are challenged in our faith. As I was sitting before God in my time of stillness. I began to envision what faith looked like. I know faith is an action and doesn’t physically have it’s own image, but when I began to envision faith, God began to show me the waves of an ocean. When your standing at the beach and the waves begin to come ashore, some waves are barely pushing the water over your feet, while other waves are so large they carry you away. Sometimes our faith is so small and I mean smaller then that mustard seed of faith, that we barely see a difference in our situations, and other times when we hit that point where O’Lord I need you now, Our faith gets so large that God carries us through that situation without our feet ever touching the ground.

 

Well, recently I hit that point in my life where something not so good was going to happen and I knew I had the faith for God to see us through, but the amount of faith I had was at question in my spirit. I actually knew weeks before it happened that it was going to happen and up until it actually happened, my faith was that of a large wave that would carry you ashore without ever planting your feet. Then when they day came that it actually happened, I noticed that I began to question my faith. I spent a few minutes sharing with a friend of mine and she challenged me to write about the 23rd chapter of Psalm. So I read it and began to dissect it line for line. So lets break it down.

 

Psalm 23:1 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want; (With Christ we have ALL that we need). 2 He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, (He lets me rest and gives me a sense of peace). 3 he restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake; (He’s renewing my spirit while bringing honor to His name). 4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me; (Again with Christ hand in hand with me I walk in faith, I walk with Him free of all fear). 5 You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows (He has anointed me and has given me the confidence and authority to know that even when I stand in front of those who are against me, He stands right there with me the whole time overflowing my life and my spirit with His blessings). 6 Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. (As long as I choose to follow Him, His love and goodness will be right there with me for the rest of my life).

 

Which all brings me right back to the amount of faith that we carry. When those waves start crashing in, are we going to start just dipping our toes in those little ones that tickle our feet or are we going to jump in full force riding the largest wave we can find knowing God is carrying you the whole way back to shore with your feet never even getting wet? When God showed me the waves, instantly I saw what He was telling me, and when that moment of testing came, I stood in the room where I was, searched my heart, and said; Go ahead God, You got it from here.


I then got up to get ready for the day and I had a day of peace, laughter and  joy that poured upon me as fast as those the waves in the ocean. From then on that so called big problem I thought we had became smaller then that little mustard seed of faith that I started out with. I walk in peace knowing as long as I walk in the Lord and set my eyes before Him all will turn into His favor and not my own. You see, sometimes when a situation comes that we think is not a good thing, God has actually planned it out before us as a great thing. God knew the outcome of our situation before we ever knew there was a situation. God saw the Victory before we ever saw the battle. So the next time someone tells you something that you think is huge and you begin to stress out, take a minute to stand still before the Lord and allow Him to make that path before you. Remember that standing still before the Father is standing in faith. Then take that path boldly in the name of Jesus. When walking along side the Father, your destined to succeed. Psalm 46:10Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!” Sometimes we love to hear the sound of the ocean waves crashing in, but the sound of silence is a beautiful sound and at other times. It's in that quiet time that God is moving on our behalf.

 

                                                                                           Karen Hurl

© 2016 "Aleeza"


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
Added on March 14, 2016
Last Updated on March 14, 2016
Tags: Faith, Restoration, Belief

Author

"Aleeza"
"Aleeza"

PA



About
I have a tremendous passion to share my heart with anyone who is willing to listen. I write about the experiences I've lived throughout my life before and after accepting Christ. Everything I have wr.. more..

Writing
Undone Undone

A Story by "Aleeza"