Let's Talk

Let's Talk

A Story by "Aleeza"

Who doesn’t enjoy having someone to talk too? I think one of my greatest gifts are talking. Although, not everyone would call that a welcoming gift. Sometimes I can over use that gift. It should come as no surprise that years ago one of my coworkers gave me the nickname Gabby. I can tell you though that I was the kind of person that really had to be comfortable in my surroundings in order to talk that much or even share freely, but God is freeing me of my insecurities. Sharing stories, experiences and even testimonies is such a personal thing to do and I for one have always had issues with leaving myself open and allowing people to get to know me. Some people may find that hard to believe since I come off so confident. I can come off very bold, brassy and a little tough at times, but I am very confident at times as well but not always. Secretly I have a very sensitive side and can be very emotional. It seems like I have had to talk more this year than I have my whole life. Whether it be face to face, in my writings or on the phone. Even exposing myself in my writings can be a scary thing to do


So let’s talk about what changed for me. I began to learn who God was for me and in that I saw small pieces of who I am in Christ. I had people surrounding me teaching me how to communicate. Communication is the key to trusting others in my opinion. It’s really about trusting God and knowing He has you covered. Sometimes we must be willing to expose our hearts in order for God to release whatever it is in us that He’s trying to break us free from. Mine was always the fear of trusting people with my heart. The fear of opening up and exposing the truth of who I am and then they walk away or they tell others. You know that whole idea of if I don’t share then I won’t get hurt. In this growing process I have learned that sharing (Talking) although scary at first, became a part of my breakthrough. In allowing God to heal me in that area I came to realize something. It’s not that we can’t have feeling or get hurt by other people’s actions, but there’s not one thing I have that belongs to me. Even if someone was to hurt my heart, my heart belongs to God. My mind belongs to God. My friendships belong to God. My trust has to be in Him and not man/woman. Everything I have and all that I am belongs to God. So in all reality, it is really the heart of God that others would be offending if they chose to hurt me personally.

 

I say that to say this; Let’s Talk. Let those of us within the body of Christ keep the lines of communication open. Let us learn to lean on one another as each of us are a different part of the body and each of us have different functions within the Body. If my responsibility is to reach out and encourage others, then I’m going to need the rest of the body to join me. What If I encourage and another prays, and another speaks wisdom, and another teaches? If we are all in Christ, then we are all needed to build up His Kingdom. Not one of us can stand alone. So as the Kingdom of God begins to grow we will be needed to help the new believers, the back sliders and the ones who are just too afraid to trust us. We must be willing to step out of our friendship boxes and be willing to expose a piece of ourselves to help others find their way. We all respond and grow at a healthier pace when relationships are formed. So again, I encourage you all…  Let’s Talk!

 

                                                                                                                                                                              "Aleeza"

                                                                                                                                                                             

© 2016 "Aleeza"


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on October 31, 2016
Last Updated on November 2, 2016
Tags: Communication, relationship, Kingdom Building

Author

"Aleeza"
"Aleeza"

PA



About
I have a tremendous passion to share my heart with anyone who is willing to listen. I write about the experiences I've lived throughout my life before and after accepting Christ. Everything I have wr.. more..

Writing
Undone Undone

A Story by "Aleeza"