A Perfect World

A Perfect World

A Story by "Aleeza"

How wonderful would it be to live in a perfect world? Well unfortunately we live in a twisted world and I am more often than not saddened to live in a place filled with sin and heartache. I have often wondered what life would look like in a perfect world. A world of peace, love and unity. A world where people don’t thrive on hurting other people. A world where pain and suffering isn’t the norm. Where cancer and incurable diseases aren’t invading our lives or the life of the people we know and love. Is there such a place? Well, if you believe in scripture, and I do. Jesus said in John 14 Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me. In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you? And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also. And you know the way to where I am going.

So, before I get into what heaven is going to be like for us. Can you even fathom the idea of Jesus preparing a place for us? Being face to face with the very one who died for us in order that we might be saved. Just the very thought of that sends chills down my spine. There will come a day that I (An underserving sinner - saved by grace) will reside in the very place my savior resides. There have been many days that I have to read the promises of God just to remind myself that this is actually going to happen for me. Now, with that said.. I will gladly wait upon the Lord for His timing of that and not my own. In hopes that I may continue His will here on earth in a way that brings Him much pleasure and all the Glory.

Now let’s look at what a world of love, peace and unity looks like. It says this in Revelations 21:4 He will wipe away every tear from their eyes, and death shall be no more, neither shall there be mourning, nor crying, nor pain anymore, for the former things have passed away. That scripture alone says everything. For me, I don’t care about what the physical aspects of heaven will look like. It can be a barn full of hay as long as I’m face to face with my Jesus. The promise here is a world filled with love. No more pain, diseases or sin. What an excited moment to look forward to.

But what about the now? How do we survive the now in a world of pain and suffering? How do we get through the dark days? The days where we feel like we’re no good for anyone else, the days when you think you’re going to crumble, when you’re in constant struggle with your spouse, your children are living what they think is their best life (deceived). The times where you’re not sure of where your next meal is coming from? When a diagnosis comes from a doctor for yourself or someone you love. Well, do you remember that old children’s song that goes like this: Jesus Is The Answer For The World Today Above Him There's No Other Jesus Is The Way 🎼🎼. He is the way, He is the answer to every question we have, to every ounce of sorrow we feel, He has made a way for us.

Allow me to insert my confession- I thrive on the word of God. I am always hungry to learn and grow, but I also struggle with a life long battle of depression that tells me I’ll never be smart enough, I’ll never be brave enough to bring God Glory in the areas in which He desires to use me. So I sometimes fall prey to those lies and I get lazy in my studies. I get to the point where I enter into a false pride of ( It doesn’t matter because I’ll never be good enough). I’m usually not there long before the Lord pulls me out. Whether it’s through song, or the encouragement of a friend, or even something I may see online that kicks me in the rear end and says; stop feeling sorry for yourself and get up and fight.

How many times have you heard the saying: God will fight for you? Well that’s because scripture says in Exodus 14:14 “The Lord will fight for you, and you have only to be silent. Sometimes we just have to be still in our place of pain and rely on His strength and not our own. John Piper stated in one of his articles: We may not realize what it means for God to be our Strength until we’re weak enough that He’s our only option. I think that sometimes we forget that He is and always has been our only option. I know for me, I can get all twisted in my head and think I can do it all on my own. He will fight for us, but I also believe that in the waiting portion of His victory in our lives is accountability. We are to be accountable for our own choices. Will we choose to wait it out in darkness, or will we wait it out in His word? Will we wait it out on our knees and in worship to the one who promises to bring us through it all?

We have been called to live in a Perfect World and that world is called Heaven! Jesus died so that all might be saved and be with Him in the very place He has gone to prepare for us. 1 Timothy 2:3-4 “This is good, and it is pleasing in the sight of God our Savior, who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

© 2019 "Aleeza"


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

38 Views
Added on June 10, 2019
Last Updated on June 11, 2019

Author

"Aleeza"
"Aleeza"

PA



About
I have a tremendous passion to share my heart with anyone who is willing to listen. I write about the experiences I've lived throughout my life before and after accepting Christ. Everything I have wr.. more..

Writing
Undone Undone

A Story by "Aleeza"