Bread of Life

Bread of Life

A Story by "Aleeza"

Here is what I'm sure of... God, our Father, The Promise Keeper, Sacrificed His Son for you and me. Jesus died so that we may live. Will there ever be a greater love than His? Scripture says: Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. So, by admitting that you are a sinner in need of a savior and believing in your heart heart that Jesus is Lord puts you in relationship with Christ and He calls you friend. Do we even comprehend the depth of His love for us? There's a Christian song called: My Everything and she sings this verse:
If I lost everything
And didn't have anything
And You were the only thing
I'd still have everything...

These last several months have been a very different season for me. I have entered into a Revelation meets Acts kind of season. A season to which the Lord reveals truth through His word and I act on that new revelation by applying the truth of His word to my life.

Finding out that as far back as 33 years ago so many things that have been taught and encouraged within scripture have been grossly misrepresented and it has been the most frustrating, yet humbling discovery of my life. Frustrating because a large percentage of the church today is misrepresenting the context of scripture and I can tell you 1st hand the bondage that the wrong interpretation can have on a uninformed believer.

I was so very frustrated, yet humbled in repentance before God for not being obedient from the beginning. My disobedience came about when I allowed my biblical knowledge, or lack thereof to come from other peoples teaching and interpretations instead of studying for myself. Psalm 1:2 But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and in His law he meditates day and night." The person who delights in God's law so much is because he meditates on it day and night. How can we delight in His law, obey His word if we don't have personal knowledge of His word? How easy it is to be deceived by another person's interpretation if we don't study and get an understanding for ourselves.

Let's talk about the importance of God's word. Scripture is God’s infallible word. A message that reveals God's plan for redemption. Please don't deceive yourselves, It is physically and spiritually impossible to know who God is or what His plan is for you if you are not in His word.

It wasn't until I began studying for myself that I became relationally aware of who God was and what His plans are for me. It wasn't until I got into His word that I had an understanding of the depth of His love. A 1st hand understanding and appreciation of a Fathers love. A Devine Love.. A love so pure and so genuine that He desires to pour His Grace upon us. A love so great that the human mind could never conceive.

His grace poured out over my life in such a tangible way that He has enlightened me to the truth of His love. He has instilled in me an unquenchable thirst for the understanding of scripture, and I am so grateful and overwhelmed by His pursuit of me. He desires for us all to know Him. So please, I encourage you bring honor and Glory to God by the studying of His word.

No matter how smart or spiritual or caring other people may seem when it comes to God's word, you can't know Him personally or His specific plans for you unless you are personally in His word. Allow your Heavenly Father to speak to you directly through His word. He is the bread of life. Oh how I hunger for more of You Jesus!!

John 6:35 I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst....

© 2019 "Aleeza"


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

7 Views
Added on July 13, 2019
Last Updated on July 13, 2019

Author

"Aleeza"
"Aleeza"

PA



About
I have a tremendous passion to share my heart with anyone who is willing to listen. I write about the experiences I've lived throughout my life before and after accepting Christ. Everything I have wr.. more..

Writing
Undone Undone

A Story by "Aleeza"