My 50 Year Legacy

My 50 Year Legacy

A Story by "Aleeza"

I'm not the kind of lady that hides about her age. This year I'll be 50 years old and I have spent the last couple of years thinking about the legacy that the Lord has blessed me with.. I have a love and loyalty like no other in my husband. A man who would fight the largest giant to protect me. A man who would love to give me the world if he could. I gave birth to 5 Beautiful, Amazing children whom I'm so honored to call mine, a wonderful stepson who I desperately want close to us. I'm about to have my 1st daughter-in-law this year. I have many more children out there that call me Mom that I love deeply. I have 5 Beautiful Grandchildren by blood and several who also call me Nene and I love them as my own just the same. One who is teaching me sign language as a form of communication for herself.

I have a strong Mother who had to be both Mom and Dad and 3 very protective brothers whom I love. I have been blessed with beautiful sisters in laws, and great-in-laws. I have nieces and nephews, great nieces and nephews. Dozens of cousins. I have been surrounded by some of the greatest people in this world and a few of them I hold closest to my heart. I have acquaintances that I talk to, friends that I love, and a couple best friends that I could never live without. They are the ones who have helped me grow into the woman of God that I have become so far.

I have sat under the greatest Pastor who taught me how to put scripture in it's right context. I have no regrets, not even the bad stuff. God uses it all for His glory. I have written stories about everything that I have gone through in life and everything I'm learning along the way. As with you all, I have experienced new life, and I've watched loved ones die. I almost lost my own son a few years ago and then our 1st granddaughter a few months ago. I've had to say goodbye to some amazing people in this life, but I've also been introduced to some of the greatest people I know.

I've gone to the Waterfalls and the Mountains. I've spent time in the company of beautiful Butterflies. I've even fallen in love with gardening. Heck, I've even weighed myself in beans haha. I have faced and Conquered many fears, with a few left to face. I've stopped taking the easy way out in life. When I don't know the answers I research and study until I do. As most of you know, I post most of my process in life on social media as I'm writing it, or learning about it, or experiencing it, because it's all a part of my testimony and I want God to be Glorified in every area, including my darkest days. So whether you read it or unfollow me (as some have) I will continue to share.

And in every wonderful part of my life that I've mentioned, I'd give it all up in the blink of an eye for my relationship with Christ. I share as much as I do because it is all a part of leaving my legacy with all who desire to have what I have. What I have I hand down to all who are willing to receive, and that's the truth of the Gospel as I know it. I may not be able to go into all the world, but all the world is on social media.

I am an open book. I share my strengths and I share my weaknesses. My victories and my failures. In my strengths and times of growing I will remain humble. In my weakness and my failures I will not feel shame. We all have moments of weakness and we all have times of great strength and wisdom. I'm not very smart, just determined and extremely hungry for every bit of who God is and eager for everyone to know Him as I know Him. I've been excepted and loved by some, and I've been pushed away and rejected by many. I am passionately persistent in life (Truthful & Pushy) and that tends to throw some off, but it also draws others in. I've learned to be more excepting of who I am, and I love life (Mostly😁)

So in everything I've done and everyone that has been affected by my life in any way is a part of the legacy as I reach for my inheritance. An inheritance that belongs to all who believe. The only inheritance I will ever hold my hands out for is the eternal presence of Christ. To be face to face with our Glorious Savior. As many worry about what they'll leave behind for family and friends once they're gone, I choose to share while I'm here.

I do not desire for my children to inherit the riches of this world unless it's Gods will, but I do desire for them to inherit the Kingdom of God. There is no greater Inheritance than that....

Eph 1:11-14 In him we have obtained an inheritance, having been predestined according to the purpose of Him who works all things according to the counsel of his will, so that we who were the first to hope in Christ might be to the praise of his glory. In him you also, when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, who is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

© 2020 "Aleeza"


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

13 Views
Added on January 14, 2020
Last Updated on January 14, 2020

Author

"Aleeza"
"Aleeza"

PA



About
I have a tremendous passion to share my heart with anyone who is willing to listen. I write about the experiences I've lived throughout my life before and after accepting Christ. Everything I have wr.. more..

Writing
Undone Undone

A Story by "Aleeza"