Where's Your War Cry

Where's Your War Cry

A Story by "Aleeza"

I'm sick to my stomach. My heart hurts, and the fire seems to be spreading. From the news stations, to social media outlets, and even through the front doors of the churches, there is a outpouring of hate. From government politics to denominational politics to just down right spewing gossip and lies. I have become nauseated with sorrow.

It's hard enough to have to witness the world spew so much hate, but for the body of Christ? Where is your War cry? Why do we walk into the foyers of churches and hear the same conversations that we hear in the coffee shops and the hair salons? Why are we arguing with one another over personal opinions? When do we begin to look like Jesus? Sound like Jesus? Love like Jesus?

John 17 says that we are in this world, but we are not of this world.. So Jesus was saying that those who have embraced Him, and identified with Him, are indeed not of the world. So why are we are we acting like we are? Why do we look no different from them? Telling or sharing dirty or questionable memes, degrading others for their political views, laughing at someone's degrading behavior; it's not what we've been set apart to do. It's ok to disagree and still be a Christian. It's not in the disagreeing, it's in the attitude and actions that display a world like ugliness.

Can we find our War Cry? It's ugly and so evil out there, but Ephesians 6 says we fight not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, powers and rulers of Darkness. When will enough be enough for God's people? What will it take to swallow your pride, repent and cry out for the lost, the hurting, the dying?

Jesus sat with the sinners, He turned a murderer into an Apostle. Everyone God used in the bible had flaws, as do we all. There were prostitutes, liars, drunks and cheaters. Some were doubtful, fearful and lazy, yet to showcase His Glory, God chose them anyway. We all have flaws, opinions, and a sinful nature. I think the worst sin that has risen it's ugly head above all the others in the church today is Pride. How prideful are we to think that only our views and opinions are the only ones honored by God? So prideful that we're willing to hate, gossip and slander?

We have become so prideful that we the church cannot be identified as anything different from the rest of the world. Calvinist don't sit with arminians, Baptist don't sit with Catholics. Etc.. STOP IT! Could it be possible that you may be the one who is wrong?? Maybe it's your theology that doesn't line up? Regardless, we have to stop and repent and surrender. There is 1 God who sent His son to earth to die for us.. Not just you. We must be willing to see our ways as sinful if we are going to grow in the Lord.

The great news is we don't have to stay that way. We serve the great Redeemer. His mercies are new every morning. So saints of God, can we find the time to fall to our knees, surrender our flesh, swallow our pride and cry out Holy Holy Holy is the Lord God Almighty!!

Allow your hearts to break for what breaks His.. Find your War Cry for the broken, the battered, the lost. Build them up instead of tearing them down. Treat your Republican/Democratic neighbor to lunch. Share your knowledge, your testimony and your heart with the ones you differ from theologically on secondary issues. I promise you that your denomination won't be the only ones in heaven. So get used to being a family now, because there's a good possibility that you're sharing heaven with them later 😂

1 Corinthians 12:12-14 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.
For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit. For the body is not one member, but many.

*Aleeza*

© 2020 "Aleeza"


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

22 Views
Added on February 6, 2020
Last Updated on February 6, 2020

Author

"Aleeza"
"Aleeza"

PA



About
I have a tremendous passion to share my heart with anyone who is willing to listen. I write about the experiences I've lived throughout my life before and after accepting Christ. Everything I have wr.. more..

Writing
Undone Undone

A Story by "Aleeza"