Living Waters of Grace Everlasting

Living Waters of Grace Everlasting

A Story by "Aleeza"

Gen 1:1-2 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

 For me, a waterfall is a symbol of the everlasting overflow of His Grace in my life. It's a symbol of the freedom we have in Christ. A beautiful freedom that says that because we are in Christ we can no longer be defined according to our past, or according to the worlds definition of who they think we should be. The world as we know it has many definitions, expectations and demands for us and none of them line up with the Lord's expectations of us.

The bible defines us as His.. John 1:12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God. We are children of God in Christ, and what a beautiful way to be defined.

What about His Grace and His Love that are everlasting? but are they sufficient? I guess we learn the answer to that day by day as we persevere in our faith. For me personally, persevering is not just coming on top in the midst of a battle but it's learning through even my own mistakes as I grow.

For instance, my lesson today was understanding that I need to not be so defensive in my faith. As the Lord lives in me, then His light will naturally shine through me. Matt 5:16 In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven.

So daily as I live, whether in seasons of Joy or seasons of heartache, His grace is everlasting and so must mine be to others as we all learn how to persevere day to day. John 7:38 He that believeth in me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water. So my goal is that as I die daily in my flesh I begin to allow His grace to flow from me like rivers of living water.

I think at times we naturally build this belief within ourselves that says we have to constantly prove ourselves to others. Hey, sometimes I try to prove things to myself. I think there are many times that we become our own worst enemy. So if I'm honest about it, I probably extend less grace to myself than anyone else, but as I watch the water flow freely from a waterfall, so must His grace flow freely from within me to others and to myself.

In trying to prove intelligence and knowledge it often comes off to others in a way that may push them further from you, but when submerged in His word and filled with His grace, we become more like Him and His light shines like the beautiful light reflecting on the waters. So I pray that as the sun reflects light on the waters, we allow the Sons light to reflect in us in the form of His Love and Grace poured out on others.

1 Tim 1:14 and the grace of our Lord overflowed for me with the faith and love that are in Christ Jesus.


© 2020 "Aleeza"


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on February 25, 2020
Last Updated on February 25, 2020

Author

"Aleeza"
"Aleeza"

PA



About
I have a tremendous passion to share my heart with anyone who is willing to listen. I write about the experiences I've lived throughout my life before and after accepting Christ. Everything I have wr.. more..

Writing
Undone Undone

A Story by "Aleeza"