Tiptoe on Eggshells

Tiptoe on Eggshells

A Story by Aletha

“ Move, freak!” I felt somebody slam into me, causing my books to fall out of my hands. I looked up to see some of the most elite people in the school glaring at me. Everybody started laughing. I felt my face get hot. When the bell rang, I was left behind to pick my books up. Adding to my misery, the rings in my binder had opened because of the impact. all my papers were floating around in the hallways, like feathers. It had at least been 5 minutes since the bell rang. Please, I thought imploringly. Please don’t let me be bullied anymore. Let them stop. The people in that school hated me. I was diverted from them. It was like they convicted me to a life of pain and misery. I got up and started walking, only to bump into my Math teacher. She looked at me with hatred too. She sent me to the office for being late, and when I became dogged, telling her my side of the story, she gave me a week of detention. I walked into the office, and the secretary asked why I was there. I didn't lie, I told her what happened, and got contempt looks for it. I sat there for about an hour, thinking about how amazing it would be to have someone who conformed with me. Somebody who liked me, who understood me.I have always been wistful about those sort of things. I wish I was more like my mom. She was always nonchalant about things. She could make friends with ease. I couldn't ever do that. I would come home and my mom would ask if I had made any friends yet. She was once incredulous when I told her no, but now she doesn't care. I don’t care anymore, either. Tomorrow, I’ll go to school, and it will be like I’m not even there, unless I’m tripped, or made fun of. Everyday from now, I’ll just become aloof. I’ll just disappear forever. Nobody would notice, anyways. After that, I went to bed, dreaming of a better life.

© 2014 Aletha


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on September 11, 2014
Last Updated on September 11, 2014

Author

Aletha
Aletha

Writing
Mirror Mirror Mirror Mirror

A Story by Aletha