In October My Dear

In October My Dear

A Poem by Alice.Valkyrie

  I will meet you in October

under the golden umbrella tree.

I will wait there patiently

under the sodden falling sky

until night falls

to mingle with the leaves,

and the rain falls

to mingle with my tears,

in October, my dear.

  I will meet you in November

when the fog conceals my pain

I will wait there forever

ankle deep in the puddles

until night falls

to copulate with the mist,

and the wind blows

to tangle in my hair.

In November, my darling.

  I will not meet you in December,

when the snow scours away my fear,

I will be long gone from here,

follow my footprints if you dare,

until night falls

and I've faded to a distant,

and black memory,

to wrangle with your dreams,

in December, my love. 

© 2010 Alice.Valkyrie


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I'm surprised to find poets still employing capitals myself after E.E Cummings and later Charles Bukowski changed the unspoken arbitrary rules of English grammar. I don't use capitals at all, but it's a writers individual choice... also as the previous lady pointed out the I's were all uppercase anyway...

Your poetry writing is second to none and this is a beacon of your talent. Well done.

Posted 13 Years Ago


There is such a haunting feel of sadness here mingled with the leaves and the darkness.. a longing unfulfilled calling out... Beautiful and despairing..

Posted 13 Years Ago


so subtle...so sad...so haunting. there is much poetry in waiting, isn't there?

Posted 13 Years Ago


Compartment 114
Compartment 114
Beautiful author websites
Stop wasting time and money on Wix & Wordpress. Authors are creating beautiful websites with Myauthor.space FREE!
Hmm. Beautifully written poetry. I completely enjoyed this. I would also like to point out that all the I's are capitalized. Using the word fall "twice" worked well with the point you were making. I "honestly" found this quite lovely to read. Thank you for sharing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I enjoyed this, there were many spelling issues, flow misconceptions and grammatical errors, but first i want to compliment you on your poem! It was so beautifully done, I liked how you moved from month to month describing them all so differently, I'm not sure if you were attempting a rhyme scheme at all, because it did seem a little awkward while reading. I think the poem would be better formatted in stanzas to represent to differences between the months, but that's up to you. As well as you continuously failed to capitalize your letter I's in a few paragraphs. Also in the beginning you use the word "fall" twise, and very close together - which comes off as either a bad rhyming job or just not enough attention paid to the poem itself. Apart from those little tips I truly enjoyed this, and for it being quarter after two in the morning, I think I can say honesly - this is going to be what I dream about tonight.

Best of luck in future writing.
Melissa

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
. ahhhh ... beautiful ... amazingly poignant ... yet subtle ...


Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

437 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 5, 2010
Last Updated on November 5, 2010

Author

Alice.Valkyrie
Alice.Valkyrie

portland, OR



About
I like to dabble in poetry, I love to read all genres of literature, mainly mystery, historical, sci-fi and fantasy. I'm not above a rip roaring good romance now and again either. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


One Man's Lyric One Man's Lyric

A Poem by Jeff


It's A Mess It's A Mess

A Poem by Jeff