Chapter 1- the dawn of war

Chapter 1- the dawn of war

A Chapter by Ashbug:)

  Guardians. Born and raised to protect vampires from the humans and other things. We were warriors, strong, proud shape shifters serving our friends. When born, we bonded with a vampire, becoming their best friend, for me that was Heather Jenkins, a tall, brunette with icy blue eyes, and of course, pale skin, like all the other vamps. She has been my best friends since ever, and I’d do anything to protect her. I’m Andie Black, guardian, protector, and best friend of one of the most insanely talented vampire in our world, but that comes later.

  A year ago the wolves leader decided that he hated being a slave. He hated having to follow them and watch out for them, not having the freedom that they do. Some wolves agreed, but for the most part, the loyal ones, stayed with their bond. Course, all the kids go to a high school, our own kind though where we mix vamps and wolves into a class. Some wolves are split from their bond, leaving their bond defenseless, and war has broke loose in our school. 

  Now is one of the most crucial times to watch over your bond, but how can I do that when our kind is turning against the people we’ve been guarding forever?


  First day of school was grueling. Being around the same people you’ve known your whole life, due to the fact that wolves and vamps can’t go to a human school, pretty much sucks. I was friends with all the wolves, and even some vamps. It was just downright boring. 

  Before school, I checked my hair in the mirror, letting the dark brown hair flow down my shoulders, and my golden eyes shown bright with this eyeliner. As wolves, we were naturally acne free, and we never had trouble with our looks. Also, our eyes were a gold color, and we all had tans. Wolves came from ancestors unlike vamps, it was in our blood, we were born with it. Vampires have to be bit, but the ones that aren’t are born half vamp half human, like Heather. 

  I grabbed my bag after getting dressed and went outside to meet up with some friends. For breakfast we, meaning all of my friends, went to Kyle’s house because his mother makes the best breakfast around. 

“Hey bud” I said walking into his house and taking some bacon.

“Hey now wait until everyone gets here” Kyle’s mother Sarah said.

  In a wolf family, you can either have one wolf parent and one human, which means you have a fifty fifty chance of being a wolf, or you can have two wolf parents like I do. Kyle’s mom is human, but he’s a wolf because of his dad. Course he doesn’t see his dad because his dad is a guardian of a vampire.
  Unfortunately, my parents are both wolves, so they are both guarding, and who they are guarding is pretty much the Vamp of all Vamps, along with many other wolves. But I’ll talk more about that later, now I was chowing down with my best friends. 

Kyle’s dark brown hair sat strait on his head, and over his forehead. Kyle had been my best friend since ever, well, my best wolf friend that is. The others in our friend group would be Sammy, a tall, lean, black headed guy, tan of course like us all, then there was Stevie, she had red hair that was of course died that color, then the twins, Micah and Cody, both had dirty blonde hair and were the darkest of us all. 

“Alright get to school before your all late” Kyle’s mom said kicking us out.

“Yeah, we might get suspended!” Micah laughed, his deep voice booming in my ears.

“Oh and get the talk, scary” I said laughing pushing Micah.

“You guys are totally lame, of course we wont get suspended, we’re guardians” Stevie said crossing her arms.

“No loser we know that, it was sarcasm” I said draping my arm across her and Kyle’s shoulders.
  She rolled her eyes, I laughed at her, Stevie was always bitter, but she was a nice girl, and a great guardian to her vamp.

“So, whats up with princess these days?” I rolled my eyes.

  Me and Chelsea were not friends at all, but she was Micah and Cody’s vamp and I had to be nice, for them.

“Not to good, someone attacked the castle last night” Cody informed me.

“Not good, humans?” Sammy asked.

“Not likely, they aren’t dumb enough, or strong enough to get past the guards” I said.

“True, but that mean it would have to be another vampire?” Sammy asked.

“Or a wolf” I said.

“How can you say that?” Micah snorted.

“Because all of the wolves who have broken the covenant hate vampires, I’d expect something like that out of traitors” I said and Micah nodded.

“Yeah, but maybe they’re just tired of being treated like slaves” Stevie said.

“We aren’t treated like slaves Stevie, I would never leave Heather to defend herself alone, I couldn’t even if I had a choice, could you leave Missy?” I asked.

“No” Stevie said looking at the ground.

  It was true, our vamps were our best friend, our bond. I could never leave her to danger, I don’t know if it was because I was more wolf then everyone else, or if it was because Heather was my best friend, even if she wasn’t a vampire. 

  I took in the scenery around me as we walked from Kyle’s small cottage in the woods. We all lived in the woods, but Kyle’s house was closest to school. The tall pine trees of Montana surrounded us, the cold dirt below our feet smelled fresh and hearing the whistling of the wind and the birds around us made me want to run, as a wolf. I don’t know if anyone else felt like this, but my wolf side was screaming to get out and just run. Sometimes I wanted to stay a wolf, but I knew that I had duties here with the vampires. 

  We went into town, a small town, conveniently named Dracula. Of course I’m using sarcasm when I say conveniently, but it wasn’t even a town on a map, its a town created just for vamps. It held tons and tons of vampires like you cannot believe, and in the middle, a castle for the royal family of vampires. 

  Us wolves don’t have to follow their laws, we have to follow the Elders laws, who talk to the royals so we can have the same basic rules of course so both sides can live in peace. There are maybe six towns like this in America, each spread out and have their own royal family. We never really have contact with the other towns, but there was talk about another town moving here since theirs is being taken over or something. 

  Course humans know of us, but the smart ones don’t come anywhere near us. The palaces guards, wolves of course, run the boarder day and night, like a military, and trust me, anything not wolf of vamp will not pass. The problem is though, its hard to tell the good wolves and vamps from the bad. So, whenever someone is thrown out of the city, they are marked. 

“Um, hello, earth to D, you there?” Kyle said and punched my arm.

“Yeah” I shook my head to make sure I was fully here.

  We got into the red bricked school and I made my way over to Heather. She was leaning against the wall talking with her boyfriend, Jacob, who is Sammy’s vamp.

“How’s it going guys?” I laughed as I interrupted them.

  Sammy laughed as he and Jacob did a handshake. 

“Actually really well, I finally worked on my advanced Biology homework” Heather smiled, her blue eyes shinning bright as she looked from Jacob to me.

  Jacob was a tall, dark kid with black long  hair in his face, and ‘guy’ liner. Don’t get me wrong, he was cute for a vampire, just not my type. Course I had to watch him, if he hurt /heather it would hurt me too. Vamps and their guardians bond aren’t just like being friends, we can feel each others emotions if the emotion is strong enough. Thats how I can be away from Heather and still know if she needs me or not. 

  On the subject of what Heather just said, which I was totally ignoring her, Vampires take very high level classes. Vampires are smarter than us in school related things, and wolves are better in instinct. So, for what humans would call PE, Vampires don’t take the types of classes we do for that. We train in our ‘PE’ class, while they just run, and do the Vamp type things. We also don’t get their lunch hour, because wolves don’t want to be around vamps when they are well... feeding. 

“That’s great Heather” Jacob smiled at her.

  I couldn’t answer back, something was going to happen. I turned my head to look to my left, and Heather’s ex, the abusive b*****d, came marching toward her. His guardian following, ready to tear whoever messed with his vamps head off.

“So you leave me for this f*g?” Max, a huge, muscular vampire with a reputation, asked.

“Leave her alone” I said stepping in front of Heather.

“Or what, you’ll bite me?” Max laughed.

“Why don’t you go shove your face in your a*s and leave us the hell alone, before I make you” I growled.

  He pushed me back and I felt the hot anger growing. We weren’t supposed to shift at school, only in times of extreme emergency, but this seemed like a good enough time.

“D, don’t do this” Heather said, but I felt her fear of Max, he would never lay a hand on her again, so I pushed him back, hard.

  Werewolves are the equal, if not stronger than vampires, so I wasn’t scared of him, even though he was a lot bigger than I was.

  Right when I pushed him, his guardian, Laser, shifted and attacked me. I had no other choice but to shift and fight back, my grey and white fur covering my body. Everyone around us was now wanting to see as Laser and I snapped at each other. Sammy had shifted too, to help me out if I needed it. 

“Alright alright, break it up” One of the principals said.

  We had to have one vamp and one wolf be a principal to deal with different issues. 

“He started it” I said when I shifted back.

“Does it look like I care miss Black, both of you Saturday detention” Mr. Barks said, then left.

  When Max and Laser left, I went to stand back with my friends, and Heather shook her head.

“You shouldn’t have done that D” She said hugging me. 

  She was thankful, and still a little shocked. 

“I had to, f*****g a*s hole needs to be put in his place” I shook my head.

“They all do” A deep, husky voice came from a few feet away, and I looked to see it was the leader of the betrayal pack, Demarcus.

  The betrayal pack is made up of the wolves that stopped being a guardian and became their own little pack of only wolves. They hated guardians, but they hated vampires more.

“I don’t see how you can say that” I said.

“Easy, they all deserve to burn for what they did to us” He was a tall boy, with dark hair, and fit. 

  I would think he was attractive if he wasn’t such an a*s. I just rolled my eyes at his comment.

“Soon D, you and your friends will see, and when the war begins, they’re be no hope for the vampires” He smirked.

“I would never let anything happen to Heather” I growled.

“Well see, catch you later D” He said and walked passed us.

  Thats when I knew the war was finally beginning. Something we all expected, Demarcus’s dad was the leader of the Betrayal pack outside of the towns. Those were the ones marked. We all knew that Demarcus spoke what his father was telling him, and when he said that, the whole school knew something was coming, and it was going to be big.



© 2010 Ashbug:)


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Ashbug:)
there may be some spelling mistakes, i'm sorry bout that! but i hope you guys like it! comments please <3 much love

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like it! I love any story that has a wolf as the main character, or any other type of canine. As for my real review. This is not a hate but this is to HELP you become better than you are currently.

First of all, when you write try to use different words, having the same word repeated in three sentences really puts some readers down and can make the story a bit confusing. As an example: "The paw of johan was deeply drenched in blood. With a slow effort he lifted the paw above his head, stretching the paw out to allow the aching pain in the paw to stop." Did you see how I used the word paw more than I should have, I could have used different words to mean the same thing.
Try to change some words you use into larger or more meaningful words.

When writing any type of story or book keep in mind that the full name must be given, the "vamp" in the sentence on the first paragraph caused me to pull my tail between my legs.
Try to have someone else look over your work before you submit it, I used to think this was a dumb idea. Sadly after three months in a Fanfic I did on "Fanfiction" I found that my writing was lacking. I would have a large amount of grammar errors in my chapters, and I would think the chapter was perfect. In getting someone to look my writing over I was able to have a second opinion on the plot, climax, and small grammar errors now and again. You don't have to do this but I am just trying to help out.

Other than that I think the idea is a good one! Always remember that if you love doing it, then keep on writing it!

Your Writer
Tao Howling

Posted 11 Years Ago


I really liked this, you should write more, its different than all the other Vamp. Stories.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice story

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

223 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on September 21, 2010
Last Updated on September 21, 2010


Author

Ashbug:)
Ashbug:)

Tokyo , Japan



About
a href="http://photobucket.com/images/spiderman" target="_blank">friken awesome! okay lol my real name is Ashley Victoria Parker, most people call me Ash or Ashley haahaa lol anyways i just turne.. more..

Writing
Bound to you Bound to you

A Story by Ashbug:)


Guardians Guardians

A Book by Ashbug:)


haters haters

A Poem by Ashbug:)