13 Dresses That Prove You Should Care About The SAG Red Carpet

13 Dresses That Prove You Should Care About The SAG Red Carpet

A Story by Alice Gunson
"

13 Dresses That Prove You Should Care About The SAG Red Carpet

"

You probably watch the Golden Globes, and you definitely watch the Oscars, but do you watch the Screen Actors Guild Awards? Maybe, if nothing else is on, and you don’t feeling like watching old episodes of Orange Is The Black, and it is too miserable outside to go out to eat? If you’re not watching the SAG Awards, you are missing out on some great red carpet looks. If you really don’t feel like watching three-ish hours of long-winded speeches about movies you haven’t watched, at least make sure you check out the red carpet.

Here are 13 gorgeous gowns that prove you need to care about the SAG red carpet.

1. Jennifer Lawrence, 2011

Jennifer Lawrence SAG 2011

Pictures: formal dresses online

Jennifer Lawrence has had so many great red carpet looks that it is sometimes difficult to remember them all. This shocking pink Oscar de la Renta deserves to be remembered. It’s proof she doesn’t have to wear Dior to look fantastic.

2. Sandra Bullock, 2014

The SAG red carpet has given us a few surprises. Who would have thought that Sandra Bullock would pick this metallic green Lanvin dress�"and look so flawless in it?

3. Eva Longoria, 2008

Eva Longoria‘s white and silver Naeem Khan gown from back in 2008 shows that the Screen Actors Guild Awards’ red carpet has always been stylish. Also, take a look at Eva’s earrings.

4. Diane Kruger, 2010

Dianer Kruger looks amazing at pretty much every event she has ever attended. Here, she proved it was possible to look like an Old Hollywood goddess while wearing a mustard-colored Jason Wu gown.

5. Mila Kunis, 2011

Mila Kunis made everyone do a double take when she stepped out on the carpet wearing this printed Alexander McQueen gown. Prints are always risky, but this one definitely paid off.

6. Lea Michele, 2011

Lea Michele somehow managed to look both relaxed and elegant at this same time in this Oscar de la Renta gown. This is also one of the few occasions someone was actually able to pull off wearing a belt to a formal occasion.

7. Lupita Nyong’o, 2014

If Lupita Nyong’o is attending the 2015 Screen Actors Guild Awards, isn’t that enough of a reason for you to watch? Last year, she proved you can match your eyeshadow to your dress and wear three-dimensional floral appliques and not make it look costume-y. It helps if the gown is Gucci.

8. Kate Winslet, 2009

The SAGs are definitely not a reality TV star-saturated red carpet. Kate Winslet has attended a few times. In 2009, she wowed in a simple Narciso Rodriguez that was tailored to perfection.

9. Hailee Steinfeld, 2011

The SAG Awards aren’t the Oscars, AKA the grand finale of awards season, so celebs are more adventurous with their fashion choices. Who could forget Hailee Steinfeld‘s cute, age-appropriate striped Prada dress?

10. Kerry Washington, 2014

Speaking of fashion risks, a pregnant Kerry Washington wore a Prada crop top and full skirt to last year’s awards ceremony. Whether you loved it, or thought it was totally WTF, we can all agree that it definitely added some interest to the red carpet.

11. Emily Blunt, 2012

Emily Blunt‘s gorgeous emerald Oscar de la Renta gown was one of the prettiest colors to ever appear on a red carpet. Imagine that hue in a nail polish.

12. Kate Hudson, 2010

You can’t forget about the daring, sexy looks that have graced the SAG Awards red carpet. Kate Hudson‘s low-back white Emilio Pucci dress was one of the best.

13. Amy Adams, 2014

Adams Adams may be keeping it safe so far this season, but she tried this unique asymmetrical Antonion Berradi dress last year, and we’d love to see something similar again.

See more at GraziaDressAU white formal dresses

© 2015 Alice Gunson


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

225 Views
Added on January 24, 2015
Last Updated on January 24, 2015
Tags: Dresses