I: Every day

I: Every day

A Chapter by Alisoide
"

Meet the main character, find out about his feelings and his everyday life.

"

The smell of coffee and morning talks. I can hear my mom talking to my sister. That means I am awake. That means I am alive, still. Every day I go to sleep with only one wish: to not wake up and yet, here I am, breathing and thinking. Every day I make myself get up from the bed and just live. I put on the mask of joy so my mom doesn’t have a reason to ask what is wrong. Pretend that I am so happy to be where I am. My sister doesn’t know how I feel either. It would be too complicated for her to understand as she is the most positive and cheerful person I have ever met. And even though I consider her a good friend I don’t feel comfortable telling her what is going on in my head.

So, once again, I woke up. Today is Tuesday so I don’t need to be in school until 11 am. That means I have some time for myself. After I shower I need to decide what to wear today. My mom buys me so many clothes that my closet will explode soon. I guess that’s because she is too obsessed with fashion herself. But I don’t mind, that’s nice, when you have a choice, at least in such a small thing as clothes. “Don’t follow me, I’m lost too” is written on the sweatshirt that I decide to put on today. My favorite black jeans will go perfectly with it. With a smile on my face, I leave the room and go downstairs to eat breakfast. Mom asked me how I slept and other regular questions. She offered to give me a ride to school but I declined. I’d rather take my longboard and go there myself. It’s not that far away. I finish the breakfast, put on my shoes and go outside. My headphones broke yesterday, so today I can’t listen to music while I skate. 20 minutes of surrounding sounds, the sounds of life.

I begin to think how boring my life is. I do nothing in my free time, except for skating. I used to go swimming, I used to draw and write music. I even had written several guitar songs. I even played them at the parties I used to attend. Yeah, those were the good times. I don’t know what changed in me. I don’t know why I became so “depressed”. One day I just woke up without a will to go to the pool. Then, gradually, I forgot about the paint brushes and pens. I haven’t touched a piece of paper in my room for about 3 years now. I stopped going to parties and after some time the only question stayed in my head. “Why am I alive?”. I still can’t answer that. I don’t know if I even will. But it’s time to stop thinking about all of that as I can see the school.  My first class today is math, which is my favorite class in school. I always loved math, I was always good at it. I think passion for math is the only passion that stayed with me after the “dark change”, how I like to call it.

I sit down at my desk and there goes the bell. I see the teacher walk in, he is holding our tests. “And once again, Collin is the only person in the class to score 100%”. Everyone looks at me. I don’t understand why they are so surprised. Every time. I don’t think I had a lower score since 7th grade. All those numbers, parabolas, equations, graphics, they just make my heart pound. I don’t want to look at anyone in my group, so I just stare at the desk. Our lesson continues.

Next is poetry, then it’s English. Nothing interesting ever happens during those two, so I won’t even bother talking about them.

The last bell rings, I go outside. I have nowhere to go except home. I look around, everyone is smiling and laughing, they make plans and discuss latest gossips. Once I was like that too. And now every day of my life looks the same. Nothing changes. I became invisible. 



© 2017 Alisoide


Author's Note

Alisoide
waiting for reviews :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
Added on June 2, 2017
Last Updated on June 8, 2017
Tags: drama, life, book, sad, thoughts, everyday, purpose, depression


Author

Alisoide
Alisoide

Latvia



Writing
II: Losses II: Losses

A Chapter by Alisoide