Dripping Red

Dripping Red

A Story by Alison Snape
"

Written for the Blood Addiction competition. Lucy cuts for blood, for pain and for control. But how controlled can she really be?

"
Isn't it just the best feeling coming home from school, shutting your door and taking out the trusty knife?
You don't think so? Well I do, so does Spencer.
Knives can solve anything in my life.any problems or doubts I ever have are going after cutting.

"You're such a w***e!" yells Spencer, "No one will ever want you, you're better off dead!"
And with that I leave the living room in which he and I had been fighting and rush to my room in desperate search of release. I spot my knife from inside my pillowcase and make a grab for it,running the sharp blade softly along my finger.

You see, this knife will never leave me, it'll never yell at me or tease me. It just helps me', let's me stay calm and in control. *slash* I gasp slightly as I feel the first wave of release enter me, the blood us starting to trickle slowly out of the cut now. I pause for a moment to look at it.

I lower the knife to my wrist again before pressing the blade down firmly and dragging the blade along my wrist. Finally, the pain is blurring out the fight Spencer and I had, the failed maths test and the rejection.

*Slash* another like of beautiful redness appears on my wrist, glistening slightly. This amazing stuff keeps us alive, allows us to survive. I wonder how long it'd take for all of the blood to leave my body? I bet it'd just gush out,like a wonderful fountain of hope and control.

I'm usually in control when Spencer is around.Just this afternoon didn't seem to work. I wonder why, maybe he's finally realized that I'm nit good enough for Him. I'm fat, unwanted and will always be second best.

Could you be second bet if your dead? Is there any type of ranking in the after life? Any social status? I hope not. I hope you can still bleed when you're dead.

Sometimes I hear Spencer talking to me when I cut. He reminds me if why I cut then marvels at the blood that oozes out of me. He says he the reddest he's ever seen, redder then his even.
Maybe it's because I have more sadness?

*Click* The door opens, Soencer walks in.
"Lucy... I'm really sorry, I shouldn't have said those things" he apologizes.
"But they're true" I answer,
"Still, I shouldn't have said them" he reasons.
Spencer walks over to me' and looks at the knife in my hand, tinted slightly with blood. Slowlyhe reaches forward and takes the knife out of my hand.

"Lucy" he breathed, running the blade along my arm,
"Yes?"
"Are you serious about dying?" he asks as he places the knife softly over the artery in my wrist.
"Yes" I whisper
"Can I come with you?" he asks as he places his wrist next to mine.
"God Spence, please!"

And with that he disappeared, I don't know where he went. I just know that I stood there crying. Knowing mite then ever that I need to let more blood flow.


© 2010 Alison Snape


Author's Note

Alison Snape
Please excuse any bad grammar. Hope you like it :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on July 29, 2010
Last Updated on July 29, 2010

Author

Alison Snape
Alison Snape

Auckland , North Shore, New Zealand



About
Hey :D I'm 15 Light brown hair, greyey blue eyes, fairish skin Follow me on Twitter :D I'm @AlisonSnape Johnny Depp is HOT with short hair Robert Downey Jr is HOT as Sherlock Holmes Alan Ric.. more..

Writing