lonely thought

lonely thought

A Poem by Allen Smuckler
"

on a roll...

"





























I’m alone; I’m alone

in my

thoughts

prayers and dreams;

possible schemes

in my

heart

I’m alone

as I walk

aimlessly

;

so alone

passing through

halls of concrete minds

and fertile fields

singing the song

from my heart

plodding and

trodding

in 4/4 beat

as I

carry the weight

of the world,

singing my song,

I’m alone, I’m alone

I’m not lonely

but boy, so alone

 

© 2012 Allen Smuckler


Author's Note

Allen Smuckler
written: June 26, 2012
photo: Ringling Bros. Museum, Sarasota Florida (February 13, 2011)
I'm deciding whether to keep the words to the right of the picture as is...what do you think...??

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

wow!!such a beautiful poem..every single expression grew over me & it resonates my mind & my soul...I love my solitude in my soul :) Thanks for sharing!

Posted 10 Years Ago


A good friend once told me that life is an impossibly lonely journey because, although we try our best to express ourselves, no one else can share your exact thoughts and emotions in the same way. I think this conveys that very well.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh I love the last two lines. Being alone but not lonely. I certainly can relate to that. It's a nice poem delivered quite gracefully. The picture is of the Greek god Atlas, I think...? Anyhow, it's perfect for your poem, goes along pretty well. :) Good job, Allen.

Posted 11 Years Ago


That's a wonderful poem. A thought well delivered. Thank you :)

Oh and the placing is perfect.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Born this way, we'll die this way and the words going down the center is nice. leave it as is, in my opinion.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Your words made me ponder our existence... truly alone... thoughts and feelings, though we can somewhat share them, always remain locked inside our minds. This rings with such an awesome lyric tone.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Fav Line: 'passing through
halls of concrete minds
and fertile fields'

I was starting to wonder how you write so many good pieces so often. Inspirations seems to come to you quite freely. After reading this I think I understand something more...'I’m not lonely'

Your poem is about being alone and you made the point to say that you are not lonely. You seem to keep in a good mood despite the surroundings and that is wonderful thing.



Posted 11 Years Ago


Allen, you capture "alone" so magnificently and asure the reader the difference there of between lonely and alone. I can feel the words etched into my existence and that's when I realize in myself that alone is not always a negative though lonely treads its ground and rears its unfortunate way into my life/anyones life. I enjoy your writings, they are truly inspire this writer and allow me feel whole again. Thanks for writing and sharing, as always a joy, pleasure and much needed words to read!

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
lei
alone but not lonely.... :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Yep....you got it my friend....
totally says how we can feel....

Posted 11 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1316 Views
30 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 28, 2012
Last Updated on July 13, 2012

Author

Allen Smuckler
Allen Smuckler

Sarasota, FL



About
I'm a poet, a singer, a peaceful gunslinger.. looking to share my poetry..and a little bit of me...if I dare I 've been writing since I was 18.... am slightly older now, and still trying to fin.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..