Chapter 3: The Siege

Chapter 3: The Siege

A Chapter by Allison1Knight

Libby has a better life than her other peers. With her mom looking like Marilyn Monroe, the Mayor found her attractive. Leading a double life with her and her husband, she is the Mayor's mistress. Unfortunately, her mother then had a half daughter that she adopted and named Fey. But some good points were her father is the head of a major marketing, making them extremely rich. Almost like the Mayor. Another good point were the risks were parents were taking. Fey's real name was Freedom.


But life in the Rebel HQ was the best. Everyone understood her when she told them the Mayor's true colors. She remembered telling trusted people the same thing, but will get a slap across the face and get called a "stupid girl". They knew how she felt and she respected that. She felt alive and human.


Her routine: get as much information, go to school, get to HQ, tell the info, and train.


Finally came the day of the rebellion. She was dressed in rebellion clothes and was given a gun her size. Adrenaline and blood flowed as Samuel told everyone the plan: stay in the shadows until the signal, then fire. She marched alongside him as they made their way out of the darkness and into the light. Lights flashed before her eyes as she heard the Mayor's speech to the RRP in the town square as millions of other people will be at home for a "day off" so they won't hear the true speech. Libby could imagine the Mayor from previous encounters: overweight from food and no exercise, gray hair that faded, and a face that looks sweet but isn't. The quiet footsteps stopped in the alleys, where she first began the Rebels. Samuel leaned down next to her.


"Try to hit the Mayor's blindside, Liberty." He told her. Liberty, no longer Libby. She was happy that the weight was off her shoulders.


They waited until the sign, a red flag waving for a few seconds, appeared and the scene before Libby's eyes dramatically changed. War cries filled the air, along with gunshots. Shots were made and casualties fell to the ground. Libby fired a few shots and moved around professionally to where her mark was, not worrying about where Samuel was.


Once there, Libby raised her gun and was ready to fire when a sight hit her. On the other side, scared out of their minds, was her family. If she succeeded, what will they think of her? Half of his family was also hers.


She should've noticed the RRP man hit her, making her fall into a deep sleep.



© 2014 Allison1Knight


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

79 Views
Added on August 5, 2014
Last Updated on August 5, 2014


Author

Allison1Knight
Allison1Knight

NM



About
I'm on Wattpad: NightAllison2013. more..

Writing