Ol' Blue

Ol' Blue

A Chapter by Allison Sarah Shelton
"

Things were hard but Allison found a way to be able to handle all the stress she was faced with

"

Introduction

 

 

Things happen for a reason, which is what some people don’t understand. Through all the stress and frustrations or even heartbreaks you deal with on a day to day basis, you still have to manage to stick through it, which will make you stronger in the mind as well as in the heart. While I grew up I was put through many types of situations, my mother struggled to support us since my father didn’t want to be in the picture. Mom and Dad knew each other since they were both very young, they were best friends that fell in love, I always idolized them as the perfect couple and to be honest I secretly hoped that they would find a way to get back together. We moved in to help take care of my grandmother since she was sick after having a stroke. A few months down the road and we found out my Dad had been remarried to a lady from New York, which of course left my mother heartbroken. She always told me while growing up, “You don’t need a man in your life to make you happy, live for yourself, then you shall be happy.” For a few years I believed her and did as I was told, when I turned 13 years old, my views changed quickly because, I, Allison Sarah, had my first crush.

 

Chapter 1

 

I was on my last week of summer break, and I knew better then to be on the internet. Mom had told me no to having any social media at such a young age. I did it anyway to be able to talk to my friends and meet new people from around the world since I was just from a small town in East Tennessee. His name was Luke and he lived in Texas, which is a very long distance away from where I was so it was very exciting at the time.

“Should I send him a message?”, I whisper to myself sitting there contemplating on whether or not it was a good idea. I begin to type, “Hey you don’t know me but I found your profile...”, I stop typing and utter, “Be more discreet”. I delete the message and instead type, “Hey cutie message me back! I’d love to talk to you.” I giggle for a moment, “Hmm, not too shabby, especially for my first time.” Hesitantly I send the message with instant regret and embarrassment. I leave my computer with my heart beating a mile a minute, and in a way I was proud of myself for stepping up and messaging someone I didn’t know online.

 

I come back an few hours later after helping cook dinner, not expecting anything new I open my messages and up pops a message from Luke. I take a deep breath, “Hey there beautiful!, ” It reads, “You’re the first person I’ve ever spoken to outside of Texas other then my family. And it is a great breath of fresh air! Tell me about yourself.” My heart flutters and I quickly reply back telling him of how beautiful it is, and how it was my first message as well to anyone out of Tennessee. That one message I sent led to 3 hours online talking to him. I didn’t want the night to end because I was so beyond happy.



© 2016 Allison Sarah Shelton


Author's Note

Allison Sarah Shelton
Please excuse the grammar errors as I'm just a beginner.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

good job is it based on a true story

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

133 Views
1 Review
Added on March 15, 2016
Last Updated on March 15, 2016
Tags: Romance, Love, Heart warming, adorable, exciting, heartbreaking


Author

Allison Sarah Shelton
Allison Sarah Shelton

Loudon, TN



About
I live in East TN and I find a lot of inspiration in nature and events that are ongoing in my life. But I'm still pretty new at trying to write things out. more..

Writing