Chapter 4: Twilight in Alaska

Chapter 4: Twilight in Alaska

A Chapter by Ally

Before I knew it me and Sakina jumped back into her Japanese truck again, and we were headed to the local school (which was so small that the grades ran from kindergarden-12th grade).  When we got there in a few blocks, the sun had already set and the sky was still shifting colors.  If I looked close enough, I’m sure I would have been able to see a few stars starting to shine faintly.  I followed Sakina to the school gymnasium, and when we walked through the double doors, I took the scene in.  Most people there were her age, 40+.  I was clearly the only 20 year old there, and was a little disappointed by this fact.  I would really love to meet some Alaskans my age!  The gym was half lit and there were round wooden tables scattered around up until the stage started.  There were cute little fall decorations in the middle of each table, usually containing some deformed little pumpkin or squash.  Sakina went right over to one of the tables and starting tidying up one of the decorations.  She said to me, “When this is over we have to collect my decorations.  I need to return these pumpkins back to my shop.  Aren’t they just the cutest things?”  I nodded my head silently.  I agreed, they were pretty darn cute, in a strange way. After introducing me to a few people (who already knew I was a wwoofer, because I wasn’t the first) we sat down at the table her husband was seated.   I shook his hand and introduced myself.  He said, “The name’s Jarod.  Nice to meet you.  She worked you to the bone yet?” he gave Sakina a sly look and laughed.  Sakina angrily whispered, “Oh hush! The show is getting ready to start!”  The lights in the gym started to dim, and I turned around in my seat and faced the stage.  Little did I know the most beautiful music I would ever hear was coming my way.



© 2016 Ally


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

80 Views
Added on August 17, 2016
Last Updated on August 17, 2016
Tags: travel, Alaska, Adventure, Story, Journal


Author

Ally
Ally

Charlotte, NC



About
Hi! I am currently working on my creative journey to simply write more. (Because it brings me joy and I find it magical.) more..

Writing
The Snail Life The Snail Life

A Story by Ally