Death? Who is He?

Death? Who is He?

A Story by Zoey Magat

Death is retiring and needs a replacement for the job. Death has lived since the existence of man before God has been even known. He, who is Death watches sorrows from each person who dies but as he watches he also feels the sorrow but empathy is not allowed towards the dead as he cannot endure each soul passing through him as he takes one of them to two gates which are of heaven and hell, a soul once asked him, "Do you fear the end or do you fear the beginning?" Death replied “I fear none of these but I fear myself, I ask myself when would Death die if he is lifeless then he is empty, if he is feared then he is lonely.”
Death would always look for someone new, but you can only end life once so it means that there is only one Death, he had known that he can never be replaced and so he became a slave towards eternity and sorrow. Death was asked, one time, again by a soul “If a person kills a 100 people just because of anger but he feeds a million to give back where does that soul go?” Death replied that their judgment would also depend on their decisions as some are too frightened to leave the world and so they are stuck and they are called the ghosts, the second are the ones expecting heaven but they fall towards hell. He observes that the ones who are frightened are the ones who never believed in mercy and the second are the souls who abuse mercy and so even after all the good they do, they come back into doing the bad things because they felt as if they repaid murder with the millions that they feed.
So, Death explained that he does not put them towards judgments but he is nothing a bridge to two gates. That day, Death took the souls to the gates and the one who asked the questions refused as he was still curious. Death asked "What is wrong with you? I can never answer the questions about the justice of souls because I am no God to judge what a soul does, I only observe the ones who suffer and the ones who prosper”. This stubborn soul still refused and so did this one ask “How did you become Death?” Death replied “Have you ever heard of Adam and Eve?, The stubborn soul replied “Yes”. Death was Adam. He felt guilty. He may not have killed a hundred people or neither fed a million but he let each and every soul suffer after they ate the forbidden fruit. The other soul asked where was Eve, Eve became a ghost because she was frightened of what God would say and so she stayed where Death would look for her but she is now nowhere to be found. This soul was then taken to the gates and that soul entered heaven.
That soul's name was Nicolas who was a martyr. Nicolas asked God something about Adam that if he needed help he was willing and Nicolas also asked if he could ask a few more to help Adam who punished himself though forgiven since the beginning of time. Nicolas went to Adam, to introduce himself as in their first meeting. It was already too late to tell who he was. So they roamed the world to find a lost soul by the name of Eve. So they took her to God to ask for mercy and so was she given mercy. Nicolas also took the place of Adam. Adam was not called Death anymore for they received salvation. But Nicolas was not called Death either since he believed being called Death would give every soul fear as if it was sorrowful and sad. Nicolas replaced Adam not to be called Death but to be called Hope for the souls that do not believe that one day they will be forgiven and so he did he pick-up all the ghosts and let the souls that were confident to walk on their own path since they’re expecting heaven. Death is no more, for the end of a brief life will be upon new beginnings and it will be from here on called Hope.

© 2018 Zoey Magat


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this more than the first one!!! Keep it up, Zoey!

Posted 5 Years Ago


wow your first paragraph though !! well said talaga. Ang galing kasi napasok mo pa rito 'yung patungkol kay Adam and Eve, nice nice !!

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

95 Views
2 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 4, 2018
Last Updated on August 4, 2018

Author

Zoey Magat
Zoey Magat

Quezon city, NCR, Philippines



Writing
Album Album

A Story by Zoey Magat