The time traveler's last world

The time traveler's last world

A Story by Zoey Magat

“I was looking through a window and imagining what happened? What have I done? I miss them all. Will they ever miss me?”. It has been a long time since Mason lived a normal life, normal meaning doing everyday stuff that normal people do. Making mistakes and enduring that mistake is a part of being normal but it also a part of living life and making it as a lesson to not do it again. During his childhood his grandpa would always tell him that “One man can change the world even if it’s good or bad, a person has the capacity to do it.”, well of course every grandparent would always believe in their grandchildren but other people would have a different belief. Mason forgot how it was to be human, how to feel bad about something, how to think about decisions, how it felt to live by the consequences and most importantly how to speak to your conscience. Years ago he was just a boy fascinated with science and the universe. Since he was just about 5, he would always look at the stars and be fascinated about it but growing up his mood changed often, it would change quickly but he was still into science. His parents thought that he was just bipolar but the problem is that he suffers from dissociative identity disorder or most commonly known as multiple personality disorder often calling his other self as Mark, his parents didn’t really have the time to take him to any medical check-ups because they really believed that he was just a bipolar person.


Raised by a rich Jewish family, he was a bit of a conservative, he was though often alone since he didn’t really have any friends to talk to because his mood swings were bad due to being bipolar. Years went by and the more that he got older, the more that he grew interest into not just the stars but also the universe even if he has a disorder, he believed that there was a parallel universe which also made him believe in time travel. There goes a saying “With great power comes with great responsibility” but there is also a saying that goes “Power in the wrong hands can lead into disaster”, the problem is that Mason believed in time travel and soon after he knew how to travel back and forth into the past and the future by putting his mind into a state of making it believe that it is travelling into a different time, or in other words by the force of will you can travel into a different universe that has a different outcome for everything that you do. Mason lived in a Jewish community and studied in a school where a lot of Jews also studied, in school he would often tell things about time travel and there were rumors of him being a psycho because he was often kind and then violent all of a sudden at everyone. Since he learned time travel, he got back to when he was a kid and he befriended every single person that bullied him, so that when he got back to the present he was friends with everyone.


Mark, the other persona took over from that time because it was always all of a sudden of him changing his persona. Because he was friends with everyone, anyone who tried to defy him or everyone who didn’t like him had to pay the price. He forgot how to be a human since everything in his world was perfect, the more that he got into time travelling the more that the other persona conquered his mind, he made a perfect universe for his own living in it until it all goes wrong and then living in the next one all of a sudden. Mason was no more, Mark failed his classes in college so what he did was go back in time to ace his exams but soon after it took a toll on him. His inner demons would then show-up to haunt him. He made something that wasn’t meant to be perfect, perfect. When people angered him, he would stop their birth by killing their moms, when he didn’t like a person he would stop them from being born.


A little trouble maker turned into something evil just because he wanted to change something that wasn’t meant to be changed. He was reckless; he made decisions based on what he feels. Other Jews were displeased with his attitude and they soon began to move away from him, though being in a different universe, people didn’t like him because he would always be a person who would act like he owns the world. He didn’t have anything to worry about because he wasn’t getting convicted into any murder, he can remove a person from the world and still exist into another world as if he was an innocent man. He ran out of universes to travel to and he got stuck in World War 2, where Jews were executed in the holocaust. He saw his parents there, and recognized them but they didn’t recognize him. When they were into one of the camps, he talked to them often asking them questions about life and all. This was the time where Mason got back into consciousness, he realized that it was his parents and it was too late. He and his parents were brought back together but in this time they were friends and they were often experimented on in the labs. After the experimentations, he was living in the same cell that his parents were also in, he couldn’t time travel because he didn’t want anyone to know and he was powerless from all the different things that was put on to his body. While in the room he was alone saying “I was looking through a window and imagining what happened? What have I done? I miss them all. Will they ever miss me?” he knew that he was about to die soon. During the last experimentation his parents were called on and he was next, when his parents were finished they helped him get up from his bed and go to the experimentation room but he was so weak that he had his dad carry him as if he was their baby, he didn’t make it. His dad looked at him not realizing that he was holding his son and he said “I have loved the both of you, and I am sorry for everything. I was not a great son”. His parents stared at each other clueless of a dying person, never not realizing that it was their son dying in their arms.  Though he was not the persona who let this happen, Mason still blamed himself for causing such chaos. 

© 2018 Zoey Magat


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

69 Views
Added on August 11, 2018
Last Updated on August 12, 2018

Author

Zoey Magat
Zoey Magat

Quezon city, NCR, Philippines



Writing
Album Album

A Story by Zoey Magat