New Sunshine

New Sunshine

A Poem by the girl in the dress
"

This is actually song lyrics that i wrote a while back

"

Well you know how there was this guy His name looked so fine next to mine But we kinda had to go separate ways And you were there to fill the empty space. Now what if i tell you that what i felt for him Is exactly what I feel for you And this thing might just be true

Will you run away or will you stay? Will you tell me I'm crazy to feel this way? Or would you hold me close and help me figure it out?

[Chorus] I know that honey, you didn't expect me to fall But the less I think about it, the more I know that I did Already dream a hundred dreams about you And I tried to deny but it shows in all that I do Its been a while, since your every smile Has been sending me off to cloud nine You. Yes, you are my new sunshine.

So this is how it is going to be Butterflies every time you look at me? You know I could do without you Coloring my life in shades other than blue Because I know how hard it is to let go Fall in love, even when you know That its best if you just say no.

I know I'm blaming you in vain It aint your fault that you don't feel the same But I don't know what to do be quiet or just shout?

[Chorus] I know that honey, you didn't expect me to fall But the less I think about it, the more I know that I did Already dream a hundred dreams about you And I tried to deny but it shows in all that I do Its been a while, since your every smile Has been sending me off to cloud nine You. Yes, you are my new sunshine.

Bridge: I've been inside a rainstorm Hoping that someone would save me I tried my best to stay strong But you are the only thing that I see That could bring back the blue sky And help me give things another try. New Sunshine.

[Chorus] I know that honey, you didn't expect me to fall But the less I think about it, the more I know that I did Already dream a hundred dreams about you And I tried to deny but it shows in all that I do Its been a while, since your every smile Has been sending me off to cloud nine You. Yes, you are my new sunshine.

© 2014 the girl in the dress


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I think that it's possible to have the same type of love for more than just none person and even if it is the same, better or worse, it doesn't take away the goodness of other loves in your life. zi enjoyed reading this very much. . . keep up the good work!

Posted 9 Years Ago


the girl in the dress

9 Years Ago

Thank you so much :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on July 17, 2014
Last Updated on July 17, 2014
Tags: song, new, sunshine, crush, love, cute

Author

the girl in the dress
the girl in the dress

About
16 :) Writing has always been a part of me, even when I didn't acknowledge it. Words have a very unique way touching someone's heart, they create an impression which is one of its kind. You can never.. more..

Writing