The Beans

The Beans

A Story by Lyssabug831
"

A short, silly story about living beans.

"
Hello, my name is Beanie and I am the youngest bean in my family. I have five older siblings, a mom, a dad, and two aunts. We live in a small bean patch and our stalk is number seven in column E. Everyday we go out and work on different farming and livestock jobs. There are the beetle riders, the sprout care takers, and the dirt cleaners.
 The beetle riders train, ride, and are responsible for the care of different kinds of beetles. The sprout caretakers are responsible for the growth and development of new beanstalk sprouts. The dirt cleaners are the ones who remove the old, dry dirt and replace it with new, moist, fresh dirt. Right now I am to young to have a real job so I help feed the beetles. My dream is to ride them someday. 
Lately we have lost a few beanstalks because the humans have stepped on them Every bean made it out in time so we are lucky. The humans don't know we are alive and we have to hide when they come through. Its not their fault, they cant see us because we are so small. I have to go now, my mother is calling us for dinner. Goodbye!

© 2016 Lyssabug831


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well done Alyssa. It is good to read something that is not too serious and you don't have to work too hard with - to be honest i'm not too sure what half of the stories and poems on this site are about.
Funnily enough I have a story called 'The Gardener' about Gordon who grows beans - dark humour!
Please have a look if you have time!
Cheers,
Alan


Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

90 Views
1 Review
Added on February 1, 2016
Last Updated on February 1, 2016
Tags: Short, Silly, Fun

Author

Lyssabug831
Lyssabug831

Worcester, MA



About
My name is Alyssa and I have just discovered a passion for writing short stories. Most of them are silly but I think they are fun and entertaining. more..

Writing
The escape The escape

A Story by Lyssabug831