The escape

The escape

A Story by Lyssabug831
"

Not really a short story, more of my thoughts and feelings.

"
I needed to write my feelings on a subject somewhere. I want people to see and understand these feelings. 
Pain is the worst, and no I don't mean physical pain. I am talking about emotional pain. Like when your girl/boyfriend breaks up with you, or you and your friend have an argument. This type of pain sits inside your head, and you start to think. It goes in a system, first your crying. Next your angry, maybe punching things. Then you start to cool down and there's a sense of, I don't know....., peace. In that final stage you start to think. Was it my fault or their fault? Who really started this? Did i do something? Was it really me? Is what they said true? We start to blame ourselves. This is the stage you stay in for awhile. Pondering, wondering, Why? Who? How? What? When? Its almost like our emotions start to search for an explanation. You can spend forever lingering on the event that took place, and you linger and search until the answer is found. It almost like we think to fill the void we have we need to know why. That will solve it all. Sometimes that actually  works. We know why and we are able to move on. In this stage its often before we find out why, we need a release. Some people read, some watch funny videos, etc. For me i find this release in art. Letting my emotions go as I paint them out or sketch them out. I can escape what life has thrown at me and be distracted by something else. My mood is reflected in the art as a color, shape, or theme. When you step back and look satisfied with your work you feel better. You head is clear, your tears have dried and your smiling. Your proud of yourself, you feel confident. If confidence is the key feeling you want to have when you dress up or take a test, then why shouldn't it be the key feeling when solving a issue or emotion. So my suggestion is, do whatever makes you feel confident in yourself. You will be in a better place to reflect and learn from your mistakes. Then you can meet with the person and solve the issue.
-Alyssa

© 2016 Lyssabug831


Author's Note

Lyssabug831
Please notify of any grammar mistakes, thanks!
This is a non-judgmental piece, please don't be offended, its just my opinion.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

130 Views
Added on February 8, 2016
Last Updated on February 8, 2016
Tags: Serious, Art, Emotions, Hurting, Escape

Author

Lyssabug831
Lyssabug831

Worcester, MA



About
My name is Alyssa and I have just discovered a passion for writing short stories. Most of them are silly but I think they are fun and entertaining. more..

Writing
The Beans The Beans

A Story by Lyssabug831