What Do I Want to Be?

What Do I Want to Be?

A Story by Amanda
"

Not what you think.

"
People ask, "What do you want to be when you grow up?"

I reply with the occupation of my dreams, with my career goals and aspirations, but really, I just want one thing, and it doesn't matter how I get there.

I want to be inspiring. Not famous, not popular, but inspiring.

I want to be the person who introduces someone to their passion. The person who's name they'll remember until their dying day.

I want to say something that opens someone's eyes and makes them stop and think. I want to blow their mind away.

I want to do something that people haven't done before. I want to be the dictionary definition of originality.

I want to write things that stick in your mind. Things that give you chills, things that you read over and over and over yet you can still find more meaning hidden in the letters.

And as much as I want these things, I understand that they can't be planned.

These things just happen.

And they happen to some people way more than others.

I'm still here, waiting with the "others."

But it'll happen to me.

I can feel it.

© 2015 Amanda


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on January 21, 2015
Last Updated on January 21, 2015
Tags: Thoughts, Inspiration

Author

Amanda
Amanda

About
Just some dude who is putting pen to paper or keyboard to screen for reasons. more..

Writing
Oh Hey World Oh Hey World

A Story by Amanda