Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by AmandaPanda

I made it to a small road after walking through the forest. My legs were tired and I was hungry.

As I looked down both sides of the road I saw a town to my left. Starting down the road I started jogging the closer I got to the town. By the time I hit the town I was running at a dead sprint.

People were busy walking around and laughing with others. Some stared at me while others judged me. Ignoring the looks I ran over to an elderly couple. "Excuse me, can you tell me where the police station is at?"

"It's right down this road and to the left at the split road, Dear." The old woman pointed down the street.

I nodded my head in thanks and took off down the road in a light jog. My feet ached by the time I got to the place. I took in a deep breath and pushed open the door. The place was quiet. I walked over to the front desk and asked "What day is today?"

The lady at the desk looked up from the computer screen and smile at me. "Today is October the ninth, 2012, ma'am. Can I help you with something?"

"Yes. Can you tell me where we are?" I asked in the nicest voice I had. I didn't want her to think I was rude and crazy.

"Yes, you are in Ulm, Arkansas. Is something wrong?”

“Yes, I was kidnapped two years ago.” I whispered. I was scared that the woman would not believe me. I hope she believes me.

The woman’s eyes grew big. “Oh honey. Come with me and we’ll get you fixed up.” She got up and I watched as she walked around the desk to come and stand next to me. She wore a black police uniform and on her left breast pocket a name tag was pinned. On the name tag it read ‘Sherry.’

Sherry led me down a hallway and through a door and up a flight of stairs. When we stopped in a room, I glanced around taking in the dark walls and the bathroom and bed. “You can take a shower and freshen up. I’ll go get you some clothes. Do you want anything to eat or drink?” She asked me looking at my body.

I nodded my head as my stomach growled lightly. “Can I get a coffee and some eggs and bacon, please?”

“Sure, I’ll bring it up in thirty minutes.” Sherry left, leaving me to take a shower.

I walked into the bathroom, closing the door behind me. I locked it before I walked over to the mirror, looking at my reflection. My amber eyes were dull and not full of life. I had black circles under them and my left eye had a black eye forming. My pink lips were badly chapped. I had a cut above my right eyebrow. It was probably about two inches long.

My eyes traveled to look at my clothes. They were shredded and barely fit me, seeing as they were two years old. I pulled of my black tank top first, tossing it in the trash. Looking back in the mirror, I sighed. I lost so much weight. You can see my ribs now. And you can also see all the bruises. Some were fading, others forming, and some so bad that they had cuts. And no not small cuts, but big ugly cuts that will form scars.

Turning away from the mirror I finished undressing and hoped in the shower. I turned on the water letting it spray down on me. It was cold at first but then it started to heat up. As the minutes ticked by I slowly showered and by the time I was done the water was cold and I was sobbing quietly.

How could I let him do this to me? I’m a werewolf for Pete sake!

Yes that’s right I’m a werewolf. And yet I was abused and raped by a human. The reason being I have yet to shift seeing as I am only 16. My kind doesn’t shift until their seventeenth birthday. And my seventeenth birthday isn’t till October twelfth. I could not wait till then. I want to feel the wind rush through my fur and my paws dig into the dirt as I run through the forest at a speed that everything around me looks like a blur.

I shook my head getting the image out. I just have to wait till then. But I was happy that it was in elven more days.

I heard a knock on the door so I shut off the water and wrapped a towel around my waist. “I have your clothes and your food is out on the table. Is there anything else I can get you…?”

I guess she wanted my name. “My name is Lykaios. Yes, can I get a phone?”

“There is one in the room here. But if that is it then I will leave you alone.” I heard her retreating footsteps. I sighed.

I walked out of the bathroom with the towel tightly wrapped around me. I saw the clothes sitting on the bed and quickly grabbed them. As I got dressed I walked over to where the phone was sitting and picked up the receiver.

I dialed the number I knew by heart hoping it still worked. As the phone rang I put on my pants and sat down at the table to eat. On the third ring someone picked up. “Hello, Aaron speaking. Who is calling?”

I recognized my older brother’s voice. And I started crying. I had missed them; All of them. “A-Aaron, It’s me.” I stuttered into the phone.

“Ly-Ly!! Is it really you?” Aaron’s voice was shaking like he was trying to keep from crying.

“Yeah, it’s me. I miss you. Can you come and get me? But don’t tell anyone yet.” By this time I was sobbing slightly.

“Sure. Where are you?”

“Ulm, Arkansas.” I heard someone ask who it was. “Please.”

“It’s a wrong number.” Aaron yelled.

“Thank you.” I whispered.

“No problem. I’ll be there in two hours. I’m going to take the helicopter. Meet me at the empty field near the police station. And sis, try not to get kidnap again.”

“I won’t. I love you.” I smiled. It was really good to hear his voice again.

“I love you too.” I could hear the smile in his voice. “Bye.”

“Bye.” I hung up the phone and dug into the food. I had two hours to do nothing. Finishing the food, I got up and stretched. Time for a run I thought.

I walked out of the room and down the stairs and back to the front of the police station. I saw Sherry talking to another police officer. So I just walked out of the police station. Stopping at the steps I stretched a little. My eyes roamed over the land taking in the summer breeze and the beautifully clean cut grass. I grinned as I took off. Running at a speed no human can run at.

The wind whipped my hair around. I loved this feeling. I guess this is the wolf coming out. But I loved every minute of it.

As I came back to the police station there was a helicopter landing in the field next to the police station. I smiled. My brother is here. I dashed towards the helicopter as a tall male stepped out. He stretched a little and turned to look at me as I neared him.

“Aaron!” I yelled above the noise of the wind. I jumped into his waiting arms, hugging him tightly.

“Ly, you’re choking him!!” I pulled around to look at the new voice. My best friend smiled at me, her eyes lighting up. “I missed you.”

Jumping off of Aaron I ran over to Sarah, hugging her as I had done to my brother. “I missed you too.”

I backed up to look at both of them, my eyes traveling and studying them. It has been two years since I last saw either of them.

“You ready to go home?” Sarah asked. You see Sarah is my adopted sister as well as my best friend. Her family died when she was five in a house fire. I found her sitting on a rock in the forest a few miles away from our house. She was crying. So I walked up to her and sat down next to her. We talked and talked until the sun went down. I asked her to come back to my house and that’s how she became my sister. Of course she got scared of the wolves that were running around our place. But she learned to accept them.

“Yes.” I nodded my head. And we all boarded the helicopter.

*!*!*!*!*!*!

As we landed at the airport I was bouncing in my seat. I was so excited to be back, back at my home, back with my pack; my family.

There was a black car waiting for us as I knew there would be one. No we aren’t rich but we have enough to support a pack of two hundred people.

We drove off, heading towards our home.

As we got closer to the Alpha’s home I couldn’t take being in the car anymore. “Stop!” I yelled at the driver, shocking him and the others.

“What’s wrong, Ly?”

“I can’t take being trapped in the car any longer.” I climbed out as did the others. The car drove off leaving us to walk a few blocks.

We passed house by house until our house was just a few seconds away. I ran with the others following me. I wanted to be back in the house. The home I’ve grown up in.

I busted through the front door, turning to look in the living room as I heard multiply growls. My parents were sitting on the couch as two other wolves were standing glaring at me. My mother’s eyes grew and she started crying. My dad got up and I ran at him. Sobbing as I clutched his shirt. “Daddy, I missed you.”

“I missed you, too, Pumpkin.” I pulled away, looking at him. My dad was in his 300s and his hair was greying a little. His eyes were blue with a ring of amber around the pupils showing he was the alpha for now.

My mum came over pulling me into a bone crushing hug. “I love you, mum.” I sobbed out. These are the people I missed. I missed it all; the closeness; the smell; everything.

“I love you too.” She pulled away, smiling as tears rolled down her cheeks.

“Where is Jack and May?” Jack and May are my twin brother and sister. Both younger than me and annoying but I still love them.

“They are out back playing. They took it hard when you got kidnapped. I couldn’t get May to stop crying and Jack wouldn’t talk to anyone. He only mumbles a few words now.”

I nodded my head. I guess being the next Alpha means people will miss you. And everyone loves me. I walked out of the room and towards the back. Seeing through the sliding glass door, May was crying under my favorite tree and Jack was sitting next to her trying to comfort her. I opened the door quietly, stepping out before closing the door. Walking over to them I was quiet as a wolf. (No pun intended.) “May, it’s going to be okay. She’ll come back to us.” Jack whispered to May.

“No! Jack she’s not coming back!” May yelled as tears run down her face.

“Who says I won’t come back?” I smiled as both of them jumped a little and turned to look at me with shocked faces.

“Sissy!!” May jumped up and tackled me down to the ground.

“I missed you, guys.” I said as I smiled, hugging May back.

She soon got up and I sat up to look at them. Jack’s hair had grown a little bit longer and fell in his eyes. He got taller now, standing at five nine. He was taller than me. Now I can’t pick on him for being short. Darn.

May was shorter than him probably standing at five four. Her blond hair was cut to where it hung just under her shoulder blades. Her blue eyes shun with unshed tears. “I love you, guys.”

“We love you too sis.” Jack said, helping me up and hugging me. He smiled at me as he pulled back, looking down at me. “Now who’s shorter?”

I glared at him, putting him in a head lock. “Now what did you say?” I grinned, letting him go. His glare heating up but it made me laugh. “Come on guys lets go inside.” I said as I smelled mum’s homemade spaghetti. It was my favorite food.

We walked back inside, laughing. I had missed this. When we made it to the kitchen everybody was seated except for a few people. Mum and dad were sitting at the head of the table. The beta, Fred, sitting to dad’s left while my brother was sitting next to Mum on her right. An empty seat was next to my brother. It was my seat.

Sitting down, I smiled at my parents. My mum smiled back while dad looked concerned. I raised an eyebrow at him, questioning his actions. He pointed to my eye. My smile fell. Oh.

“I’ll tell you later.” I mumbled but I know he heard me. He nodded his head as some more people entered the room, taking seats where available.

Hearing a gasp I looked away from my parents to see Cassia my cousin. She rubbed at her brown eyes and then blinked. “Is it really you, Ly?”

I got up, nodding my head. “Come give me a hug.” I smiled at her as she ran over to me, her brown hair bouncing off her back. She hugged my tightly, hitting a bruise. I screamed, letting go of her and falling to the floor in pain. She had hit the biggest bruise I had. And it hurt like a b***h.

My brother rushed over to me along with my folks. “Lykaios, what’s wrong?” Aaron asked his voice full of worry and concern.

I answered as the pain died down. “My chest,” I raised my shirt and heard the entire gasp that sounded around the room. I started sobbing. “H-He did this…”

“Oh, honey.” Mum started crying as she leaned against dad.

“I’m going to kill him.” My brother roared, causing me to look at him. His eyes were black as he fought against his wolf. “Why did this happen to you?”

“Because I’m worthless,” I stated, making everyone look at me.

“So not true! If you’re worthless than why do we all want you?” Sarah said her eyes blazing. Sarah is human but she understands us and knows not to tell anyone about our secret.

“You want me?” I asked my voice filled with hope. If they want me then why did he tell me that? Why did I believe him?

“Yes we do.” She said.

“Can I go to my room?” I asked, wanting to sleep now for some reason. I guess the day’s events are catching up on me.

“Sure. Do you need help?” The new male asked, looking at me with shocking blue eyes that had me sinking in them.

“Yes.” I whispered. The male picked me up, causing little shockwaves to travel up my back as he carried me up the stairs and into my bedroom. The room looked exactly the same as it had two years ago. My walls were still black with lime green trims. My bed was still made; the purple sheets and blanket had been washed though. The male placed me on my bed. “Who are you?” I asked before the male could walk out.

“I’m Alex.” He said his voice husky and deep. It kind of turned me on. Oh god! What’s happening to me!? Alex’ eyes grew black as he controlled his wolf. “Please stop thinking what you’re thinking!”

I blushed, my eyes growing wide. “Sorry!!” I squealed out. “Why am I acting like this?” I asked him, seeing as he probably knew the answer.

“It’s the mating bond. You’re my mate.” Alex sighed out.

Before I could respond, the blackness consumed me and I fell asleep. 



© 2012 AmandaPanda


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on June 16, 2012
Last Updated on June 16, 2012


Author

AmandaPanda
AmandaPanda

Fort Smith, AR



About
Writing is something I love to do. When I'm not busy with school work, I'm writing poems or stories. It depends on my mood. But most of my poems are depressing thing so read at your own risk. I would .. more..

Writing
Run Run

A Poem by AmandaPanda


Doom Doom

A Poem by AmandaPanda