Musings

Musings

A Story by Ambika Zoso
"

I selected 'story' in the above field because there wasn't much choice. This isn't a story.

"

Rejoice in the fact that you are not perfect.You are closer to being human than you think.

Always stop and consider all the things that you know.Then minus it from the things you don’t know.The world is suddenly a bigger place.

Anarchy is the healthiest antidote to stagnant living.

Only under states of disorder and chaos do people take off their masks and reveal their true identity.

Power:the most covetted harlot.She is pursued by many men who pay great deals of money to bask in her wake only to find she’s hidden a dagger and ultimately claims another victim.

Harbouring fear is being imprisoned with you being your own jailor.

Illiteracy is akin to walking blindfolded into *St. Ann’s to live under the mercy of the friendliest inmate.

Entertainment is forcing us all to be vicarious junkies to the misguided concept of living.

From the moment Man leaves the womb,he will do almost anything to be part of a whole again.

If your greatest fear is what others will think of you,you are reducing yourself to the opinions and judgement of them.

Without the spirit the physical body cannot live.If you take a knife to the physical body it will bleed.Similarly if you take a metaphorical knife to the spirit,it will incur pain.With persistence the spirit can be so repressed you will be little more than an animated carcass.Then you will join the masses in a unified movement of mechanized living. 

Everyday I lament the limitations of my reach.The closed mentality that attacks like a **soucouyant at night.Indeed,conformity is not so different from that vampiric devil which creeps through your house at night.It comes under a cover of oblivion-darkness-and sucks your essence of individuality.In the aftermath all you see is a mark of what used to be within you.

Am I obsessed? I hope so.To be so enraptured by an idea that it revolves around you and you find it everywhere,it’s a selfish hope that this idea will bring about your ultimate purpose.


© 2013 Ambika Zoso


Author's Note

Ambika Zoso
I didn't sit down and try write this. These bits came to me at the oddest of times doing the oddest of things and I would sometimes wake up in the middle of the night and write these down.
*St Ann's-the local madhouse
**soucouyant-an evil vampiric spirit that sneaks into your house in the night to suck your blood.It differs from the common vampire in that a soucouyant is always an old woman and there are different and very specific ways to detect and kill one.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

151 Views
Added on July 2, 2013
Last Updated on July 2, 2013
Tags: musings, personal, philosophy

Author

Ambika Zoso
Ambika Zoso

About
I'm a traveller. Physically I don't go anywhere but my mind is limitless. more..

Writing
Aleister Aleister

A Chapter by Ambika Zoso