Chapter 1: Coming to America

Chapter 1: Coming to America

A Chapter by Americus
"

Americus is leaving her country (Haiti) to go live with her father. She has never met him and doesn't know how it's gonna turn out but she is nervous and excited at the same time.

"
Americus POV: 

-Americus c'mon. We're gonna be late! my mum screamed from down the stairs
-Coming! i yelled back
-Hurry your a double s up! my best friend Flora screamed
-You just jealous because mine is bigger than yours! i yelled back as i walk out of my room, dragging my suit case behind me.
-No wonder you walk so slow! she clapped back
-Both of you stop yelling in my house! my mother yelled
We were leaving, my mother was driving me to the airport. I was coming to America, it will not be the first time that i'll be going there, but this time i'm going to stay and live there until my mama come with my sisters.

Where are my manners? Let me make the presentations:
-Elena Sanchez, my mum. She is 41 yrs Haitian women.She has never been married. She is currently single. She has 3 daughters, my two sisters and I, Sara and Marsha.
-Sara Bridges, my mother's second child, is 11 yrs old.
-Marsha Nolan, my mother's third (and hopefully last) child, is 4 yrs old.
-My aunt Laura Sanchez, my mother's youngest sibling. She is a 22 yrs old, single women, no children and in college.
My mother has 4 sisters, one died, so now she only has the three main ones in our lives. I have 9 cousins, they are all from my different aunts and uncles. I have a pretty big family.

Anyways, i was pretty happy that i was coming to live in the US. I love how it feels over there. Where we go, it's always in the city, which i don't have any problem with, cause i dislike the country with a passion, that it's almost unexplainable. 
We arrive at the airport, she hugged me and cried, we couldn't say much because we both knew how it would've turn out if we said the words, so the tears were enough. The flight is 4 hrs long and I'm traveling by myself. How cool is that!

***4 hrs and a few minutes later:

When i got off the plane, I took my suitcase, and went to find the person that is suppose to come pick me up. As i'm walking out, i see a group of people standing by holding names in their hands. I looked to see if my name was in the mix and it was. I walked over to the man, and he said:

-Good afternoon, are you Miss Americus?
-Yes, yes i am. I answered
-Well, I'm Charles Thomas Jefferson, your driver and personal butler. He said
-Really!? Why? i asked curious to know why i need a personal butler. It's not like i was the queen of England or anyone important for that matter, so i don't see why i need it.
-Because your father is a very important person, he assigned me to be your personal butler. he said and continued: May i please take your suitcases?
He was such a gentleman: oh yeah, sure! thank you! 

I was so nervous. I have never met the man that helped creating me and i was freaking out. But my mum told me that he's a good guy from what she remembered. Like i said, i don't know my dad because my mother lost contact with him when he learned that she was pregnant, and since then they never talked. But 16 yrs later, they meet up at a bar where my mum and her friends go all the time, I guess they picked up where they left off 'cause now here i am going to my "father's" house. I know crazy right!
I was so lost in my thoughts that i didn't hear the trunk of the limo close.

-Miss Americus, are you ready? Charles ask me
-Yeah, i guess so! I answered sounded more nervous than intended, while getting in the car. He close my door and got on the drivers side and we left the airport.
After what seem like forever, we got into a big yard: we are here. He said
I got out of the car, and my mouth drop.
-Wow! I said as i watch the most beautiful house ever. He took my suitcases out of the trunk and he entered the house.
-This is beautiful! i exclaimed
-Yes, very. He said

We got in the house and the inside was 10x better than the outside. The living room was beautiful; it had walls that were painted with a light brown, and a chandelier was on top of us. There were some painting also, the couches were the same color as the walls. The dinning room was the best thing I've ever seen. The was were different this time; They were painted with a light blue shade of sea, and the table was long and well prepared with scrumptious aromatic food.
I walked upstairs and into my room. I felt like passing out. The room was huge, it was beautiful. There's a bay window with red and dark blue curtain on it. The bed is a queen size. There is a desk for me and 2 book shells. The closet looks like an other room and by it self. The bathroom is extravagant. It has a bath tub,a shower and a spa. It contains 2 large sinks, 5 mirrors on top of the sinks and it even has it's own little closet for me to set my toilet utensils.

I was amazed by the room and by the amount of windows that the room has, but since I love the darkness, the room will stay pretty much dark. There's even a balcony, which has a small table and 4 chairs. I love the room: it was painted with a vanilla color of paint, when i lay down on the bed and look up, the ceiling was blue sky. I don't really like the color but i guess I'm gonna have to deal with it later.

-Wow! This is amazing. i said
-Yes, it is beautiful. He answered
-Thank you!
-No problem. If you need me i'll be downstairs in the kitchen. he said
-Ok thanks again!
-By the way, the house is big so try not to get lost into. Your father does not like people to go into some rooms and his office is off limit if you are not invited. 
-Ok thanks for letting me know.
-It's all in the folder here. Again, welcome and enjoy. He says as he walks out

A few minutes after he leaves, i just stand in the middle in the room contemplating the room and breathing it in and also wishing my mother and sisters were here with me. I could picture them running around and jumping on the bed and being excited. "Well, i'm here now, let's make the most of it" i said to myself " let's make it happen, shall we?"

I hear a knock at the door, which makes me snap out my daydream. I open the door and see a man standing in front of me:
-Good Afternoon, how are you liking it so far? he ask
-Well it's breathtaking obviously but yeah i like it! I said smiling "Who are you?" i asked
-Oh! My mistake, i should have introduced myself first. I am the owner of this house and also your father, Angelo Carlos Rodriguez. He said smiling.

Then everything went black.


© 2018 Americus


Author's Note

Americus
I am an 11th grader. I don't really have a schedule to when i will be posting new chapters, so i will say that whenever i am available, i will post new chapters. They are a probably long and i apologize but when i start writing, i can't stop. I'm sure some of you know the feeling. I hope y'all like it. I tried my best. Thanks for reading.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

54 Views
Added on January 2, 2018
Last Updated on January 2, 2018


Author

Americus
Americus

Starke, FL



Writing
Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Americus